is this normal

My 2014 yz125 is leaking oil from the exhaust to mid pipe connection and the trans oil keeps going low someone told me it is leaking through the case does anyone know what seal i have to replace?

Some call it the primary seal.  It is pretty easy on the older version of the yz 125, I can't imagine that they made it any harder on the newer one.  On my 1994-2004 I ended up doing the seals and bearins on the coolant pump at the same time.  I never have downloaded a manual,  but I hear you can easily do it.  Probably a stickie somewhere about that.  It will sure do just like you are describing and feel like it is running rich.  

• Like 2

The diagram will be in the 'Crankcase and Crankshaft' section of your service manual.

That seal is located deep inside the engine but luckily on a late model YZ125, replacing it is possible without splitting the cases.

You'll have to disassemble the RH clutch cover, YPVS governor/linkage, and all clutch components & primary drive gear to access it.

A couple of carefully threaded metal screws and Vise-Grips to pull it out, a large washer/socket to press a new one in place.

To help you locate it, it's part # 15 in this microfiche image:

http://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/a/yam/51c88061f870022090da814d/crankshaft-piston

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

This is my 2014 yz 125 I have been having problems with oil coming out exhaust and trans oil always going low someone told me to replace primary seal when i opened it up i found this hole it doesn't look like its so post to be there with sharp jagged edges is this normal or do I have to get some  duct tape.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20170411_130418.thumb.jpg.22ac74041603f6a62442172371015747.jpg

20170411_130424.jpg

Edited by izzy9

soon just waiting on some parts to come in

Edited by izzy9