DIY RMZ450 FRAME GRIP

Custom frame grip for under 10 bucks. Sorry if this seems stupid, but some people honestly don't think of it so I figured I would post a little tutorial of it. IMG_0541.JPGIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0543.JPGIMG_0544.JPGIMG_0545.JPGIMG_0546.JPGIMG_0547.JPG

You will need:

Painters tape

Scotch brite/sandpaper

Cardstock/cardboard

Marker

Box cutter

Grip tape (found at most hardware stores for 2.99 a foot, or google "3M safewalk")

10-15 minutes of free time

1. Use your painters tape to make a template of your frame, noting which side. Layer the tape in a way that it will pull off in one piece. Cut out any frame cutouts

2. Trace template onto cardboard for use later when the grip wears out.

3. cut out template with box cutter

*it is sharp, don't bung up your fingers, no sense it hurting yourself making the bike your working on unrideable because of an injury.

4. *FLIP TEMPLATE* before tracing onto grip tape.

(You need a reverse image)

5. Rough up and clean frame before applying grip tape.

6. Make relief cuts into any corners of frame cutouts, rub outside edge of grip tape to smoothen edge and make it look cleaner.

7. GO OUT AND RIDE, with the pride of knowing your did it yourself. GRIP WITH YOUR LEGS NOT YOUR HANDS!

• Like 3

I did the same thing but i use my old vinyl sticker since i only ride at the track (supermoto). Once that thing peeled off ill do this!

If you think about it, next time give Gator tape a try. It is the most durable I have used and I have tried most of them. It holds up well for almost a full season. 

• Like 1

Thanks man! Great tutorial. I still need to pick some of that grip tape up!

Skateboard grip tape works great also, it can tear up your boots pretty quick though.

i know acerbis now does frame guards but I think they're for 08 and up.