Washington trails

Hello All,

New here to TT. I am also new to Washington riding. I haven't ridden in a few years, and just bought a WR450F. Most of my experience has been in the Nevada desert. I would not say I'm an overly experienced rider, but I'm not new. I don't have any friends that ride, so I'd be riding alone most likely. Any recommendations? I live in the Everett area. 

• Like 1

You're about 30-40 minutes from Walker Valley. You may have more bike than is necessary for that area though. You'll see lots of two strokes up there. The fast flowy stuff is out on the peninsula. During the summer there's a ton more trails up i90, hwy 20, and hwy 2

. Most are steep and technical. Welcome to Washington.

• Like 2

Pretty much every weekend there is sombody u can meet up in tahuya, little bit of a drive for u but it's good riding.

• Like 1

Summertime in the mountains can't be beat IMO. Do some searches here on taenum creek, little natches, Gifford. Members here also are frequently putting rides together and I would encourage you to invite yourself. Also, the Noth west Motorcycle Association website has information on riding areas as well as information about poker runs and off road racing . Poker runs are a great way to learn new areas and meet new people.See ya out there.

• Like 2

The snow melts in the mountains around Aug 2nd, but you have until Aug 14 to get some good riding in

• Like 7

On 4/11/2017 at 2:14 PM, Uncle_Buck said:

Hello All,

New here to TT. I am also new to Washington riding. I haven't ridden in a few years, and just bought a WR450F. Most of my experience has been in the Nevada desert. I would not say I'm an overly experienced rider, but I'm not new. I don't have any friends that ride, so I'd be riding alone most likely. Any recommendations? I live in the Everett area. 

Good news. There are more trails here than you could master in your lifetime You've hit the f'n jackpot! Granted, you'd need to routinely drive a couple few hours sometimes but man.... 

Welcome to the area, your gonna find plenty of stuff to ride here. Stay active here on this site, plenty of good folks here to show you around and yes you are close to Walker Valley. Get ready for rocks and roots. That WR450 will get the job done just fine. If you haven't already I suggest you get your WR plated asap. That will open up a lot more riding for ya.

Edited by Enduroguy
  • Like 2

Washington trail rules say you have to do a little work on the trails too, not just ride them.  ;)

• Like 6

Washington trail rules say you have to do a little work on the trails too, not just ride them. 

Rule number1Always pack a folding handsaw in you're pack .
2 remove any trees across trail unless they form a cool jump
3 report all quad tards on single track
4 have fun in washington while u can,we lose trails every year to idiots that ruin the land with garbage, tweeker methlabs,and plain stupid @$$ riders that have no respect for the land that we have.
Take care of what u love and respect the others that work hard along with u.
  • Like 3

On 4/11/2017 at 2:14 PM, Uncle_Buck said:

Hello All,

Get an app on your phone called Gaia. I have been using it to map single track forever and it is awesome. Be sure to use the "download map" feature or it will not work without a cell signal. Welcome to washington State, I ride Tahuya most days that it ain't raining. Right now much of it is water logged. Ha, it's pouring rain right now. Come ride, it's a blast!

• Like 2

You can't go wrong in Washington. I've ridden one the West side of the mountains mostly but have recently fallen in love with eastern Washington, particularly the Cle Elum/Taneum area. I also have a cabin North of Omak and there's good riding up there too. Haven't been to Naches but it's on my dirtbike bucket list.

• Like 1

I too am new to Washington. Did the last 10 years racing and riding in So Cal. Mostly District 37 GP, Hare and Hound stuff and a little MX. I'm not ruling out racing, but I'm 62 now and mostly interested in just riding. I live in Puyallup. Would love to hook up and ride.

You can't go wrong in Washington. I've ridden one the West side of the mountains mostly but have recently fallen in love with eastern Washington, particularly the Cle Elum/Taneum area. I also have a cabin North of Omak and there's good riding up there too. Haven't been to Naches but it's on my dirtbike bucket list.

Naches is the trail honey hole. Trails go from greenwater to cle elum. Long long challenging trails.. I can't wait to get back there in the next couple weeks

57 minutes ago, daytripper72 said:

Naches is the trail honey hole. Trails go from greenwater to cle elum. Long long challenging trails.. I can't wait to get back there in the next couple weeksemoji1303.png

You'll need a snow bike kit if you plans take you there this month. 

I too am new to Washington. Did the last 10 years racing and riding in So Cal. Mostly District 37 GP, Hare and Hound stuff and a little MX. I'm not ruling out racing, but I'm 62 now and mostly interested in just riding. I live in Puyallup. Would love to hook up and ride.

I live 15 minutes from Capital Forest and have a buddy who knows the place inside and out. I'm busy the next 2 weekends but am available to ride after that. PM me if you'd like to hook up.
PS I wold highly recommend the RMM Enduro, just for the trails. I never keep time on it just hp out and enjoy some pristine trail. It's this weekend
  • Like 2