09 Drz400sm value

this is a 2009 drz 400 sm with 350 miles on it. I am interested in buying it but I'm not sure what it's worth im thinking 5000 to 5500 is an okay price. What do you guess think. It's basicly brand new I'm just worried that it already being 8 yr old that it's condition might not mean much for the price and that siting that lo g with out being ran much might make some stuff go bad but I'm not sure. Being my first bike. Your advise will help alot thanks.

00u0u_3xfQ9dCorZV_600x450.jpg

00I0I_1fXQTsyPpH2_600x450.jpg

00R0R_53vzETWjYv_600x450.jpg

00m0m_a4rWco3YeDi_600x450.jpg

00f0f_lPs0AlskH2J_600x450.jpg

00808_68Qa5IhvYY3_600x450.jpg

00808_68Qa5IhvYY3_600x450.jpg

00101_ls72uUnvMtn_600x450.jpg

00202_9UF9MwTiSUS_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Problems from sitting don't cost too much to fix if you do most of the work. The bike has been piped and what else for 350 miles? Sometimes people don't go as far as their friends and things change, many have more money than they need.

I found numerous DRZ S and SM the same age range for nearly the same price with a lot more wear than is apparent in your pics. A new 2017, zero miles can be had for $1500-$2000 more. That's a comfort level I can get behind and why I eventually quit the used market.

I suggest you look closely at the actual, real wear before buying any used bike/car/boat.etc. and forgo the worries of storage maintenance (tires, fuel, fluid change) unless prohibitively expensive.

In the end it's all relative to what you see and your comfort level with the purchase. I nor anybody else here is in person shaking the seller's hand.

Any other addons other than the RS2 exhaust, axle sliders and fender eliminator? Does it currently run? tell him to take 1,000 off for the barbed wire 

Edited by RingwoodRaceway
  • Like 1

Barbed wire graphics and the white axle sliders is correct oem for a '09 SM.I would offer $3500 and see what they say.They obviously have no interest in it with only 350 mi.

if theres zero corrosion and wear and it appears to have truly 300 miles on it/kept indoors, it will be fine with the possible exception of fuel components and brake fluid .. if gas sat in it it might need a carb rebuild, but nothing else on them will deteriorate from sitting in an indoor environment, my 2000 sat for years and it still has all the original seals and lines ect, not a problem .. personally i dont like all the mods though .. if he had all the oem pieces in a box and the bike truly looked showroom fresh i would consider it a good deal

• Like 1