What we do with junk engines

What we do with an old junk engine is...
We take it apart, either sell of toss the internal parts, we clean and paint the engine, make a stand out of wood & metal brackets to display it.
I put in my living room. You can't believe the comments I get on those engines.
After a few months I put it on eBay, every engine I've done this with sells for $100 - up.
It takes some work but its fun.
Some examples...
KX100, KX80, KX60, XR50, XR70, XR75, XR80, XR100, Yamaha PW50 & PW80, Suzuki DS80, DR100.
A few we cut apart so you can see the internal gears, clutch & crankshaft, those sold for $400 & up.

PW80 (4).JPG

XR75 (10).JPG

Weed Eater (7).JPG

• Like 3

Yep,.. I've had a polished up Bultaco Pursang motor on the bookshelf for 20 years. I picked up a Maico 250 to do the same. Recently acquired a CBX 6 cyl engine with no internals and that one may get its own special display stand. I have a half dozen CB550 motors from my roadrace days. A new old stock CB650 still in the crate. I even have enough spares from my TZ750 to assemble a display engine. I would eventually like to get all the classic dirt bike engines of the 70's. they all had so much character. I also have a Maserati Bora twin cam V8 with downdraft weber carbs... looks like an indy car engine

Warning,.. this whole  idea can get away from you! 

OK that's kinda funny...
I got this idea when I saw a CBX engine, with no internal parts, on a nice display stand at a bike show.
About a year ago I saw a Maico 501 engine as a basket case. I thought it would make a cool display.
He wanted $100... I didn't buy it damn it...
I was at a Harley dealer, they had every evolution of Harley engine displayed on a wall.
The reaction from visitors to out home (Wife displays the engine(s) in the living room), especially from her girl friends is amazing.
Yea I see how it could become addictive.

Edited by arthur6