2009 WR125, buy or not buy

I know very little about this bike but I found one for sale.  It intrigues me since there is nothing else as light that is already setup for woods riding.  In another section of this forum I was warned that parts availability for this bike would be scarce, is that true?  Also the tall seat height concerns me but that could be fixed with lowering link and fork adjustment I believe.

My 2013 Husky wr125 converted to wr165 has been the best bike I have ever owned. Do search on Cafe husky about them. Hall cycle has a lot parts for those bike still and they are build very well. First 2008 cr125 I had over 225hrs and my 2013 wr125 converted to 165 since new has 160hr not one problems. 

I rode and raced them as hard as I could and bike just ask for more. Like I said just go to cafe husky for information lots. If it has not been totally wrecked by previous owner it will be good.

23 hours ago, pedec said:

My 2013 Husky wr125 converted to wr165 has been the best bike I have ever owned. Do search on Cafe husky about them. Hall cycle has a lot parts for those bike still and they are build very well. First 2008 cr125 I had over 225hrs and my 2013 wr125 converted to 165 since new has 160hr not one problems. 

My buddy has a 2013 WB165 up here in Canada, we brought it up from Washington. That bike lays a spanking to any KTM 200 we've put it up against. Probably one of the better handling and lightest feeling bikes too... Super Super impressed! 

So the WR125 must have been sold since I still have not received a response.  These bikes are almost impossible to find.  Please let me know if you know of one for sale, especially if it is near Indiana.  

I did find a 2010 WR300 for sale but that is a whole different animal and not the light weight that I am after.

2 minutes ago, newstylecustoms said:

So the WR125 must have been sold since I still have not received a response.  These bikes are almost impossible to find.  Please let me know if you know of one for sale, especially if it is near Indiana.  

I did find a 2010 WR300 for sale but that is a whole different animal and not the light weight that I am after.

I had a WR300 husky. Can't recommend one (difficult to start/re-start the motor) but I'd really like a WR or CR125 Husky. Ones to shop for are the 09-14s. There's one on Portland Oregon craigslist for 5500$ but it is completely LOADED with every mod. 

Love my WR125. Err 144. Err 165. Damnit 177 ? 

The only part I've had to wait on recently has been a kick start gear that broke off 2 teeth. A bit of a freak thing. Halls had everything else in stock but that gear (replaced everything that was replaceable on that side of the engine while in there - washers/bearings/springs/etc.)

Crank started knocking at 325 hours, now at ~380 after rebuilding it with the stroker crank.

IMG_20160323_135335_zpscqjkvxzn-L.jpg

Edited by gots_a_sol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...