Oil injection removal issue

Hey guys, ive got a 2017 300rr and i just removed the oil injection kit as per the beta instructions.

The issue is that the instructions are for up to 2016 and my bike is a 2017. 

They want you to remove the grey wire on the 4 pin connector behind the instrument cluster. 

I just want to know what wire to remove on the 2017 because they arent the same. Its causing a check engine light and i want to get rid of it.

anyone come accross this?

My vote is for the pink wire with purple stripe on the harness side of the connector (the grey wire mentioned above is on the display side of the connector.)  After reviewing wiring diagrams I think this should be the same color wire on the 2016 300RR and 2015 to 2017 Xtrainer harnesses too.

FWIW I removed oil injection and the grey wire mentioned above from my 2016 Xtrainer.

Edited by wwguy

30 minutes ago, dstewart said:

Just remove the wire from the dash.

That's what he's trying to do.  The reason for his post is to get help identifying which wire that is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwguy said:

That's what he's trying to do.  The reason for his post is to get help identifying which wire that is.

Thanks guys, the 2016/2017 has different wiring set up at the dash.

I just need to know what wire on the 2017 300 rr i need to remove.

tks for taking the time to help

Edited by volitan

Just reviewed the 2017 300rr diagram, there is only one wire from the ECU to the Dash.  Pin 10 on the display, Pink/Purple wire, so I agree with wwguy.

Am I the only one that really likes the oil injection?!

• Like 4

Am I the only one that really likes the oil injection?!

ahh i liked it but its just one more thing to check/worry about. I was always looking at that line to make sure there was oil and recently seen some air bubbles which made me raise an eyebrow.

i was going to keep it but since i have a high comp head setup for race fuel i cant even stop at the gas station on it anymore which was the "plus" for me with oi.

the other 2 stroke in my household is premix too so i am always mixing anyways :)
  • Like 1