sx vs xc suspension?

Hey guys. I have an 12 sx250 that I kind of converted to a woods bike...  big tank, rekluse, suspension, stabilizer, 18" rear rim, etc...

but ive got a few buddies with the xcs.   they xc is like $2000 more than the sx... why is that?

they told me its because of the suspension.. but is that it? what else is different/better on the xc?  I LOVE my sx... but it seems that the xc might be a better bike for me?  a 16 250xc or maybe even the 300 is calling my name recently...

I do not like wide ratio trannies, I dont need a headlight, and not a fan of kick stands.  which version has those?

There has to be more of a difference in the SX than the XC line; guys are always putting the CDI and head from the SX on the XC line. This is what I know: the XC and XCW will have kickstands and e-start. The W will also have a headlight. 

Spend some time on KTMtalk and you'll find all of the differences quickly.

The xc/xcw has softer head/Cdi, a six speed, bigger tank and e start.

The w has a wide ratio 6 speed and oc forks. The 6th gear is for guys with big balls.

The Sx is the lightest and has the best performing engine :thumbsup:. Costs less because it's a bare bones moto bike.. 

Edited by Casing-daily
  • Like 1