Xr650r won't take throttle

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and can shed some light.  I have a 2001 Xr650r, brand new fully rebuilt motor, top and bottom.  New connecting rod, replated cylinder (oem size) new wiseco 11.1 piston and rings, new mikuni tm40.  The side panel is opened, full rob Barnum exhaust, hotcam stage 2.  The bike starts on the first or second kick, idles but won't take any throttle.  Prior to tear down they bike ran strong.  The crank bearings went, thus the rebuild.  Timing is verified visually by 3 people and a timing light, it's dead on. The exciter coil, pulse coil and ignition coil have been tested and are in spec.  It gets gas, the carb is clean. I've also tried an edlebrock which gives the exact same results.  The cdi has been swapped to a known working one.  The cam chain tensioner is tested per the shop manual, with it engaged the timing marks are dead on with the cam gear and the flywheel/case marks.  The chain has no slop or play.  Valves are adjusted and in spec and have been visually confirmed to be functioning.  A compression and leak down test was performed and in spec.  Multiple fresh plugs have been tried, fresh gas as well.  It starts easily and idles strong.  The second you give it throttle it dies.  It really seems like a timing issue to me, I just can't wrap my head around how.  Sorry for the giant post, any ideas?

-david. 

It appears you have done everything I would think of. My only input would be to go over again what you've already checked and hope you missed something. 

good luck

• Like 2