Fork oil spewed out on bottom out

Hey guys just wondering if I have any serious problems with my forks, as just today about an hour ago I hit a jump and landed a little hard bottoming out. Now it wasnt a super hard bottom but enough that i noticed fork oil had come out the top my fork on the right side and had dripped down to the lower triple clamp.

My bike is a 2013 250xc so it has the CC forks on it. I wiped off the oil rode around for abit and it would splatter out just a little bit which could just be excess being blown out. It seems kind of to have subsided but i was also near the end of my ride so i cant say for sure. I dont really know how these forks work is their some sort of rubber seal that keeps the oil in or is it just the cap being screwed on, basically did i destroy anything inside that needs to be replaced. My fork cap doesn't look out of place or broken. Someone enlighten me as to how the oil got out.

External leakage is not normal in any way.  No telling what caused it though.  Do you have speed bleeders on the forks?

• Like 1

No speed bleeders. The top of the cap was dry it came out thru where the cap screws on. Like I said their was a fair amount from the initial hit after that no so much. Could they have been overfilled and bottoming created too much pressure. I'm hoping the little bit coming out after was just the excess left inside the threads or something.

The forks are sealed and should not allow any leakage unless the oring seal fails.  The oring is above the threads so there is almost nowhere for oil to be trapped during reassembly.  If its running down the tube you have a problem.  Need to take the cap off and replace the oring at least.

It only ran down the tube after the initial hit gonna take it out for another ride tommorow and I'll see how it does. So if the oring has failed and I need to replace it what will that entail. When I take the cap off will it just slide out and then I can slip another o ring on or will I need to take the whole fork apart redo the air pressure in the bladder etc.

I've never worked on those but I would expect to be able to just slide the tube down and roll a new oring over the top.

If you fill the centre tube with oil , it will be forced out the rebound knob on the top , too should slow or stop after a few rides

Im gonna try it tommorow but i did order an oring for the top of the fork just incase. But just for my curiosity, if the forks are filled with correct amount of oil when you bottom the oil should still not be forced out , there should be be just enough room for the oil to take up all the space correct?

There should be no oil in the very centre tube , all the oil should be in the outer tube , the centre tube is the rebound rod.it pushes out past the o ring on the black adjuster as it's not designed to work against oil pushing it , it's more to stop air sucking in

• Like 1