Bit of a weird one , bike runs crapish, and gets worse each time

Cr 125 07

1. First time took it to a track

Session1.the first 20mins it ran pretty good and was loving it

Session 2. the next 15 mins , starts bogging low down, but still rideable 

Session3.next time out , bogging like mad , to point  almost unrideable.

Piglet 50    Main 420.  plug was a 9 and nice and brown        As1.5 out   Needle stock clip3    Fuel 110ml to 5l        

2nd time took to  a track to test 

So changed pilot to 40 main 420.   plug 8  (looked wet and oily ). As 1.5 out needle stock clip 3 fuel 110ml to 5l

pretty much the same  happend as first time to tack, but the 3rd session out it got to point I didn't even do quarter of a lap, had to cut  the course as could barely ride it back to the van

compression and rings seem ok, checked v force reeds which are ok, clean filter , and all sounds satisfactory on the stand 

im slowly starting to fall out love with this mc,what you chaps reckon, should I just chuck the mukuni carb in the the bin and buy a 38mm keinhen, would the keinhen fit straight on without changing the boots.idealy I suspect should start from scratch, but it's a pita as have to take the bike to a track(which only get chance every 6weeeks)  and pay £35 to ride and an hr pissing about each time changing jets, so want to be in the ballpark before I next take it out

Jetting doesn't suddenly change; there is an underlining issue. Is suspect a failing main bearings. This would intern cause seal failure, causing the bike to run rich. I'm not ruling out a worn out top end though. Heat can also bring on electronic gremlins as well.

If you are dead set on changing the carb, if that is the issue, I would scrap both of those carbs and go with a lectron. Generally speaking a bike that runs worse as time goes on, it is a sign of more major problems than jetting.

• Like 1

Sounds exactly like when my bike had a leaking trans-side crank seal.  Weekend trip, first day it fouled the plug if I didn't keep the revs high.  Second day, really hard to start then I would have to get on immediately and rip it.  Third day couldn't get it started to save my life.  

Also it started to leak oil from around top of rhs casing , I'm not sure if there's significants 

IMG_1954.JPG

I might add ,initially it was only playing up bottom end, once on the main jet it seemed fine, hence why I first thought it was pilot jet and went from 50 > 40 ,but on the last session it wouldn't even ride on the main, just spluttered as I rode it back to van, and that's when I noticed oil on the casing 

what does the tps do 

Edited by fakesy

I'm not sure mate, as they came on the bike 

iv only had bike 5 months and done 2 rides 

My money is a failed right side crank seal or failed reed petal.  Have you checked your coolant level/condition?  Drain your gearbox oil and inspect it; any coolant?

Coolant level is ok, I have just ordered new 38mm airstrike , as that will illuminate the mukuni out, but suspect there could be an additional problem.im going to take it round a mate so he can have a look, he knows 10x more than me .

the keihen will come jetted for a cr250, so obviously I will have to swap jets needle , how about the 7mm slide ?