Looking for a 250 not sure what kind

I'm looking to buy a 250 dirt bike. I don't want to have do major work, I want something that I can get on and drive and just do my regular oil changes. It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 stroke, I was thinking about an rm 250 or a yz250 or wr250f. Any advice...?

The WRF is a great bike, but to keep it in top shape, will need frequent oil changes; as will any of the "modern " 4 strokes.

Not sure how often the gear oil is to be changed in the smokers.

If you want a low maintenance, get on a go, look for an air cooled bike. TTR, XR, DR

What type of riding do you intend on doing ?  (trail/off-roading or motocross track)

what is your budget, height/weight and past riding experiences?

If low maintenance is a concern, forget an MX race bike or performance oriented enduro bike,

as XRalways suggested, an air cooled TTR, CRF-F, XR is the type of bike for you. 

Very reliable and simple to maintain, just don't expect race bike performance out of it.

I'm 6 foot 4 220 lbs, the only riding I do is trail. My budget is around $3000 or anything I can get my money out of. I'm a really good rider I have owned 2 ttr 230's and a crf 230 but I'mm looking for something with more power. I just don't want to have to rebuild the head on my bike every 100 hrs as some bikes need. 

On 4/12/2017 at 1:42 PM, spigmef said:

I'm looking to buy a 250 dirt bike. I don't want to have do major work, I want something that I can get on and drive and just do my regular oil changes. It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 stroke, I was thinking about an rm 250 or a yz250 or wr250f. Any advice...?

You should get an older yz250. They're great bikes for cheap. There are tons of aftermarket parts you can get for them and they look good. They're perfect for any type of riding you'll do and are a good size for you as long as you can touch the ground!