Fuel Octane in xtrainer or 2 stroke RR's

I tried searching on "fuel" before asking this question but went through many pages of the results and they seem to all be about mileage, and fuel leak issues.

What I would like to know is what octane level do people run in their 2 strokes ? regular 87 octane or premium 89, 91 or 94, and regardless of what you run what does Beta say you should use ? (Don't have bike yet so no manual)

Thanks

93 when riding on the road and 100LL when flying :)

I'm at 5300 ft. and run 85 non ethanol, when I go lower I run 93.

Best performance is found at the lowest octane you can run without verging on detonation.  Octane rating has no other factor other than resistance to detonation.

I run 91 octane (because my other blue EFI bike requires it) usually with 10% ethanol (because I have to drive 10 miles to find ethanol-free fuel) with Sta-Bil fuel treatment to mitigate ethanol and storage issues.  Seems to work great for my Xtrainer from 2500' to 10,000'.

34 minutes ago, bikesandcars said:

93 when riding on the road and 100LL when flying :)

Just in case your curious, AV100LL and 40:1 Redline make purple;

100LL_Pre_Mix.jpeg

I tried searching on "fuel" before asking this question but went through many pages of the results and they seem to all be about mileage, and fuel leak issues.
What I would like to know is what octane level do people run in their 2 strokes ? regular 87 octane or premium 89, 91 or 94, and regardless of what you run what does Beta say you should use ? (Don't have bike yet so no manual)
Thanks

You can see the manuals for all their models on the the beta website. I think the manuals are under the support tab.

92 octane, only because it is the only grade I can get that is non-ethenal. Never used Ethenol in my bikes. Gas station down the road from me carries it.

High octane is a waist of money, but that is opening another can of worms.

I run 91 in my XTrainer up here in Canuckistan.

20 minutes ago, FUHL said:

High octane is a waist of money, but that is opening another can of worms.

LMAO.  It's definitely a can of worms when you phrase it like that.   So what would you put in an engine with high compression ratio, pre-ignition, and engine knocking ?

You're reading way too deep into his statement.

He is obviously implying for a STOCK Beta 2-stroke.

LMAO.  It's definitely a can of worms when you phrase it like that.   So what would you put in an engine with high compression ratio, pre-ignition, and engine knocking ?

If the engine is designed for higher octane then yes. But to use higher then needed is a waist of money.
55 minutes ago, Borgschulze said:

You're reading way too deep into his statement.

He is obviously implying for a STOCK Beta 2-stroke.

I'm pretty sure I read it verbatim.  Implications aren't always obvious, which was pretty much my point.

I'm not trying to start or win an argument.  I was just looking for clarification of the statement.

Edited by wwguy

I run 100 Aviation fuel I get for $3.50/ gal. Mixed 80:1 with Amsoil Saber. Clean, strong motor, absolutely no pipe splooge whatsoever since day one on stock '15 250XCW..110.4hrs/1878miles on it now and top end as well as power valve looks good. Top end and rings will be done soon for good measure but clearly not needed at this point. Weekend warrior for most part but run seasonal harescramble series through spring and fall. Lots of low end log hopping and cross training rides in between. Not for everyone for sure. My riding buddies think I'm crazy but until they prove it, I'm sticking with my system.

11 hours ago, Borgschulze said:

I run 91 in my XTrainer up here in Canuckistan.

Same here, usually with additive to counter the ethanol as it is hard to find clean fuel in New Brunswick.

112 octane at 470 ft. Elevation

112 octane, 470 ft. Elevation

112 octane, 470 ft. Elevation

Why?

Why?

Recommended by a retired racer