2012 250x jetting

Ok guys so I just jetted my bike with the jd jetting kit. 

They recommended for me to uses 165 main jet due to having FMF powercore 4 exhaust, I put the 42 main jet in but did not change leak jet. They also recommend red needle in 4th postion which I did. I have not messed with the fuel screw yet but this is what it is doing.. The bike has little higher idle then before and when I rev the throttle when it comes back down to idle it gets hung up near idle and rpms stay for few seconds then go back down to idle. So would fuel screw adjustments help? or do I need smaller main jet?   

Edited by Guly12

20 minutes ago, Chuck. said:

1/4 turn from where it is now. Lean mixture causes hanging idle.

You should be at 1.5-1.75 if your pilot is the right size; and your choke, hot start, slide plate seal, and AP squirt timing are all correct.

With CCC mods and stock exhaust I'm running 1 ¾ turns out, Red needle 5th, 158 main, 42 pilot

Got it so I will give that a shot as soon as I can and report back on how it goes.. 

9 hours ago, Chuck. said:

I also strongly recommend adding a RD Remote Mixture screw, makes adjusting so much more convenient. attaches to a float bowl screw, shown in lower left below the remote idle speed adjuster:

P1010015.thumb.JPG.25bbb1c1d11145ab36be134c75dc0b45.JPG

Ok I was thinking of adding aftermarket anyway my issue is right now I cant get to the fuel screw at all no room to work so ill have to take the carb off I guess

9 hours ago, Chuck. said:

You can loosen the two clamps and rotate the carb. Much easier than lifting the sub frame, removing the shock, etc.

How far should I be able to rotate it? I can't seem to get mine far enough to get at the screw... I was able to do the main jet and pilot this way. But it's still to tight for the fuel screw