clutch basket

I need clutch help with a 2013 yz450. i can;t seem to fix it w plates and springs and cable adjustments. it slip at full throtle in top gear and it drags when i take off. i can put it in gear w the clutch in and it has a little power so i adjust it out then it slips at full throttle

Edited by grayracer513
remove "want ad"

The most common cause of clutch drag in YZF's is the steel plates being out of tolerance.  Without looking, I believe the wrap limit is only about .004" (0.1mm).  Following that is excessively deep notching on the clutch basket fingers.  You can carefully file these out, but this is best done only as a troubleshooting measure, and not something to do to a basket you plan to keep using, since it increases the clearance between the plates and the basket, and that exaggerates the amount of battering they get in use. 

You might also look for aftermarket levers that don't pull the clutch far enough, levers that are bent in toward the handle bar, limiting their travel, badly notched boss (hub), worn or damaged plate flange at the inboard end of the boss, or a cable with a damaged outer housing (makes the cable "springy".