Stock bars

Can anyone tell me what the stock model bars are on the 12 rmz? Do they cross reference to Pro Taper.

I rode my yz125 w stock bars last night and they were awful....I need my low Suzuki bars on this bike.

The Suzuki bars are much lower than other bikes and they rock in the corners.

I have a brand new take off set, If I remember I will stop by storage on the way to the house were building and see if any labeling on what they are

Sorry Mike been running side ways and forgot to look... I need to make a sticky note, I think there 7/8 bars and if you can use them you can have them. Ill check and confirm with you

I changed my stock bars to the RC bend, 604's, I hated the low/flat stock bars

No worries Todd I talked to Pro Taper and ordered some Carmichael to slam down.....I will let you know how it goes just to follow up on the thread.....goes to show how different bikes with the same bar can be different

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikerides33 said:

No worries Todd I talked to Pro Taper and ordered some Carmichael to slam down.....I will let you know how it goes just to follow up on the thread.....goes to show how different bikes with the same bar can be different

Funny you say that. I threw a set of the stock RMZ bars on one of my Yz250s after I broke my twinwalls in a crash and they felt good so I left them on. Hated the RMZ bars on the RMZ though. I am coincidentally running the stock bend Yz twinwalls on my RMZ. :confused:

Time will tell if I go back to the Windham bend though. Odd's are, I probably will.

Indeed....upon researching there really isn't anything unique about the stock rmz bars.....it's just that on the rmz they sit low.

I always changed bars and since I owned the rmz for several seasons w out changing the bars I got used to having them low.....even at 6'1.
I feel like it forces me to ride in the attack position and then it's nice having them low to rail.

So when I unleashed the yz125 the bars were high as if they were windhams.....I just mounted a set of evo carmichael to get the low height back.

I posted this on the yz forum but no love.....I guess I can't leave you guys the conversation is too good

• Like 1

If you guys love low flat bars, you can't beat the pro taper Travis Pastrana bend, I think they call them RM Low as well, not to be confused with his fmx bend lol 

Its crazy to think that someone so tall had such low bars.

• Like 1

Yep.....Carmichael EVO did the trick.

Guys sell your 450s and go buy a yz125......you gotta work like a bitch but it's so fun I giggle....just keep it rolling very fast haha

• Like 1