Polished Frame

I have seen some pics in here and I saw a bike at the track the other day and his Frame was very polished.  Looked cool.     What do you do to get that shine?  My Frame looks all beat up and scuffed.   I know its only a look and doesn't change how it rides but I like the look of it.

You can go to the auto parts store and get some sandpaper. They sell up to 2000-3000 grit, start with something like 400 or 600 grit and work your way to the very fine grit. That will really clean it up, then you can go over it with some metal polish and it will bring it to a chrome like shine.

my buddy did mine and it came out great but after 1 ride it kinda looks like shit haha.

Kids, stop polishing the frames. It looks terrible, it's a lot of work and won't stay like that.

I found the best look is the brushed look. Take scrubbing bubbles and a scotch bright pad and move the pad in one directing back and forth on the aluminum parts. gives it a nice brushed oem look

I would think the proper way to do it would be to strip the bike down to the bare frame.  Then go after the frame with wire brush and sandpaper.  (Use rotary power tools or your shoulder and elbow will get sick of the venture very quickly.).    .  Finish it off with a quality clear coat paint/lacquer.  Test different clears to find one that is compatible and will stick to the metallurgy (chromaloy).  The frames are not steel, Tremclad isn't gonna stick long.    Be prepared to redo and upkeep the new finish a couple times a year.