crf450r wont kickstart after reubuild

i bought a 2004 crf450r and had the top end rebuilt by a mechanic and some other things were replaced but the bike will not kickstart but it will roll start and run good but wont start by kick even when hot it has a new cylinder piston valves but it will not kick start and i have about 5 hours since the rebuild and it still wont start by kickstart could this be the valves he checked everything and said they were all in spec and im starting to get concerned because i spent alot of money on the rebuild it wants to start alot of the time but wont  ive had somone start by kick only once i also noticed that there was no air filter basket just the filter and bolt and im worried that the dirt got in the gaps can someone help

Im goin to say your intake valves have tightened up needs shim adgustment very simple procedure with the correct tools and no.how

No basket?  You need to order it NOW and hope you didn't ruin anything.  If you put 5 hours on it without one, you likely did.

If your mechanic saw that, he's an idiot!

I would start with timing.  When it runs, does it run right?  Are you using the choke?

Follow up by checking the valves, get the air filter fixed ASAP.

Right when you got your bike back from the mechanic you couldnt get it started by kicking it? Or 5 hours later its not starting?

23 hours ago, HRC27 said:

No basket?  You need to order it NOW and hope you didn't ruin anything.  If you put 5 hours on it without one, you likely did.

If your mechanic saw that, he's an idiot!

I have one coming now it has the filter on it but not the basket to hold it in place it runs fine roll start then runs fine just won't kick we have been able to get it by kicking a few times and it wants to start by kicking but it just won't and definetly not as easy as it should and if there is any damage caused by this he is the one who will pay for it 

• Like 1

If the mechanic gave you the bike back and it wont kick start, why dont you just take it back and say its not starting?