PLEASE HELP!!! Rmz 450 2009 problems!

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so if there is already a post out there similar to this please direct me to it.

Okay so I purchased my bike not too long ago from a police auction for "DIRT" cheap so I knew there was going to be problems.

Ive been working with bike ever since I was about 10/11 but I'm used to bikes with carburettor etc pre 2008 I believe so when I picked this up and realised it was fuel injector I scratched my head a little but I'm up for the task. As I took all the plastics off to see what was missing and I realised there were a few wires just dangling and therefore was wondering what in the world they could have been attached to and is now missing! Please advise as summer is coming and I'm looking forward to getting back on bikes.

Image1492097020.880321.jpg

Image1492097128.619307.jpg

4 hours ago, kutenda said:

Image1492097020.880321.jpg

Look like some modification going on there but do you have any wires going to your intake air temp sensor thats on the intake boot  ?

The white Coupler is a map mode selector . The coupler behind it could possibly go to your fuel pump but just a guess .

Would a clearer picture of the two couplers give you a better understanding?

And the modified wife's seem to be running from the throttle a coupler connected to the throttle body but I'm so confused to why they're detached on this end. I can add more images if they would help

19 minutes ago, kutenda said:

Image1492121764.335441.jpg

I can't believe it!! Could this honestly stop the bike from starting?

Honestly I dont know but will certainly cause problems  .

7 hours ago, kutenda said:

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so if there is already a post out there similar to this please direct me to it.

Okay so I purchased my bike not too long ago from a police auction for "DIRT" cheap so I knew there was going to be problems.

Ive been working with bike ever since I was about 10/11 but I'm used to bikes with carburettor etc pre 2008 I believe so when I picked this up and realised it was fuel injector I scratched my head a little but I'm up for the task. As I took all the plastics off to see what was missing and I realised there were a few wires just dangling and therefore was wondering what in the world they could have been attached to and is now missing! Please advise as summer is coming and I'm looking forward to getting back on bikes.

I'm also curious about the Coupler behind  the Map mode "white" coupler in the picture 

Have you followed your Engine kill switch wire down? is it connected ? 

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx

I'm also curious about the Coupler behind  the Map mode "white" coupler in the picture 

Ye I've followed the kill switch wire and it is connected (image one)
Image1492123284.605975.jpg

If it helps the wires are black and white one and red the other plus the connector looks chewed to hell!
(Image two)
Image1492123450.960830.jpg

If you figure it out it would be much appreciated!!

I don't know if it's trouble but have you got a picture of your IAT with the wires attached to the connector connected to it so I could see which was I should solder them

2 minutes ago, kutenda said:

If it helps the wires are black and white one and red the other plus the connector looks chewed to hell!
(Image two)
Image1492123450.960830.jpg

If you figure it out it would be much appreciated!!

I'll look into it but I can see that the Red/white wire is disconnected from the Map Mode coupler . That needs to be reattached .

I'll look into it but I can see that the Red/white wire is disconnected from the Map Mode coupler . That needs to be reattached .

Cheers for all the help mate, just give me a message whenever you're able to

15 minutes ago, kutenda said:

I don't know if it's trouble but have you got a picture of your IAT with the wires attached to the connector connected to it so I could see which was I should solder them

Heres a picture of mine . The green is closest to the subframe 

DSCF2125.JPG

• Like 1