clutch plates.. what thickness?

trying to order a new clutch for a buddy... 2016 250 XC.

what size plates do I need?  there are 2 different sizes.. 1.1 and 1.4mm.

theres also 2 intermediate discs and then the lining disc?  ones the friction and ones the fiber.   ill order 8 of the lining discs... but what about the others???

or should I just get a barnett dirt digger kit?  hes a pretty good rider... middle of the pack expert rider, and he asked for good plates. hes hard on them.

http://www.ktmpartspro.com/oemparts/a/ktm/580001caeb0bed2b04628e60/clutch

Edited by cdf450

or do the 1mm plates go on the outsides... then alternate between the 1.4mm and the steels in the centers??

pretty confused here.

Just order a pack of steels and put them on a broom handle to keep them all in the same order when u take them out. They alternate. If your ordering them al a carte you'll have to take the old ones out and count the thicknesses..

Barnett steels would prolly be fine but I'd sick with oem frictions. The Barnett frictions don't look or feel as good..

Edited by Casing-daily

he opted to go with the full hinson kit!

I would still like to know why theres 3 different "intermediate discs"

Ya, no springs. Has belleville washer.
Got a link to the kit you ordered?
Sometimes they use a generic photo in the add and the actual item is correct.

ahh ok. that makes sense... so does that washer wear down and need to be replaced like springs?

heres a link... they def used a generic link and description... sent me a $20 refund because of it :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hinson-Racing-Clutch-Plate-and-Spring-Kit-KTM-HUSQVARNA/322400000143?_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170119211717%26meid%3D306b2d89c1b84891b65b1af7a098045c%26pid%3D100275%26

so that would be part #80.. makes sense now!!!  thanks for the answer.

BELLEVILLE SPRING 71X115X1,5 I

• Like 1

I just put a Rekluse in my 2013 250 xc-w with 49 hours on the bike and my spring looked brand new so I'd imagine they last a very long time.

• Like 1

thats good to know.  hes a fast expert rider whos hard on his stuff, and I believe he has quite a few hours on this bike already. but ill run it by him tomorrow.  hes $500 USD deep already and splurging so im sure hell want me to order it... pricey little washer. probably $45 CAD from my dealership.

49 hours on a 13?  I have put on 20 hours on the bike alone in april... as well as 5 sledding trips!!!

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 1

I was surprised that it's only $20 US.
I'd get item #7 as well.
It's the wear ring that the belleville spring rides on.
Also cheap at $6 US.

And on a side note, when I put the Rekluse in, they were very adamant to check for play in the dampers (item #5) and how it all fit with the inner (#2) and hub (#4)
any play and the dampers should be replaced.
Again, mine with 49 hours were nice a tight still.

Just looked at my notes and I put it in at 59 hours.

I bought the bike last November from a kid who scared the crap out of himself on it with only 20 hours on it.

He whiskey throttled it back in 2013 when he got it (mommy paid cash for it) and swore it was possessed.

Still had the defective recalled throttle assembly on it. Put the updated housing on and got me a smoking deal.