KTM Coolant Problem

Hey guys recently bought a 2008 KTM 450 XCF and my bike has been overheating recently. When I rode I noticed my legs felt really hot on my bike and I thought this was normal since I've never had a KTM or a 450 and just assumed that they run hotter.

Anyways, yesterday I flushed my coolant and added water wetter and started up my bike and noticed leaking out of the overflow tube at the top. I left plenty of room and filled just barely above the radiator fins.

Here's the part I don't understand. I took the cap off and started the bike and almost immediately the coolant started bubbling almost to the point where It would spill out the top of the reservoir. Is that normal? Also, when I first started my bike it leaked out of the overflow tube after maybe a minute of it idling. 

2 weekends ago I rode in an enduro and by the time I got back to camp I had barely any coolant left but I did fill it almost all the way to the top because that is usually what I used to do on my Yamaha with no issues.

Any idea what this be?

Either your going to slow or your jetting is off.... rads clean and not clogged?

Sounds like a head gasket ?

• Like 1

Either your going to slow or your jetting is off.... rads clean and not clogged?

Might be a dumb question but how do I unclog my rads?  

• Like 1

Might be a dumb question but how do I unclog my rads?  

Compressed air

2 hours ago, mog said:

Sounds like a head gasket ?

I'd say bubbling could be a sign of a blown head gasket.