17 model 300 XC/XC-W availability

Stopped by my local KTM dealer today to pick up some premix oil for my 300. I asked if they had any on the floor to sell. Reply: nope, all sold out, won't get any more 2017 models. Said that they have sold and delivered some 250 two-strokes with the 300 top-end for folks who were desperate for a 300.

I have heard that 300s get hard to find once Spring is here, that most folks get them over the winter to be ready to ride as soon as Spring hits.

Are they still available in other areas (not-PA?)?

The dealer had heard only the same press releases that we all know about one model 2018 250 two stroke with fuel injection in very limited quantities in late 2017. No 300s with fuel injection in the US for 2018. Which may mean that the 2018 300s will still have the Mikuni and be available in the usual late July early August. But that is just speculation.

I bought mine out in PA back in December and it was the last one they had at the time, assume if they did not buy more from another dealer or trade for them that was the end of the stock for the year.  Popular bikes and after putting 40+ hours on mine I know why, they are insanely good in tight technical terrain.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

There a few left in the Northwest but not many. Got a 250xc 2 weeks ago. Bought from my local dealer but he had to do a dealer trade to get it. I seen a shop in Georgia selling 17 250xc for a $1000 less then msrp on cycle trader . Must not be a popular bike in that area.

250s do suck! ? 

2 hours ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Hard to find in Maryland... one friend had to go to West Virginia

OMG, that's like 100 miles. ?

• Like 1

I know I negotiated a screaming deal out the door for mine. They won't waive some fees anymore, but they'll work on the pricing. 

PS. I don't work for them.  I'm just a loyal customer.

Edited by Nuklhed

Nishna Valley Cycle in Iowa has a '17 300 XC-W.  Both times I've been there they had a few 300 XC-W on the showroom floor, but no 300 XC.  I had to put a deposit down on my XC to make sure I got one, and I got lucky nobody else had beaten me to it.  They got 2 in October, both mine and the other were sold before they arrived.  Either the XC is always in higher demand or KTM makes more of the XC-W.  I'm leaning towards the latter.

21 hours ago, 06springfield said:

I just bought a 300xc in utah. The dealer said they won't get anymore this year. Escape motorsports has a husky tx 300 but they wanted a 1000 more than I paid for the 300xc.

I was at The Edge 2 or 3 weeks ago getting some parts for my 2009 and they had 2 '17 300 XC-W's on the floor, and another Husky TE300.  Though I don't know if they were claimed for not.

• 2 weeks later...

When was that? I called them two weeks or so ago asking about 300's and the guy on the phone laughed at me and said they were all sold out and good luck finding one. I drove up to Renegade Motorsports in Centerville the next day and bought a 2017 300 XC-W.

• Like 2

I picked up a 300xc in Oregon a few weeks ago and that was the last of their XC's. They had some TE's and XCW's left at the time though... Might want to check with Gresham Powersports to see if they have any left.

21 hours ago, HughMungus said:

When was that? I called them two weeks or so ago asking about 300's and the guy on the phone laughed at me and said they were all sold out and good luck finding one. I drove up to Renegade Motorsports in Centerville the next day and bought a 2017 300 XC-W.

Like I said, I'm not sure if they were claimed or not.  I just know there were a few sitting on the floor.

Try experience powersports in Moses Lake.  Talk to Derek.  I saw one on their floor two days ago.

Glad to hear they still have it. I tried to buy it from them a few weeks ago and they wanted full price ~10,300 out the door. Ridiculous. Got a 300XC-W shipped to my door for $8895
  • Like 1

Try midwest dealers, hard to move around here, we tend to like sturdy reliable bikes so KTMs are generally a "nothing else available" buy, several leftovers from 16 and all the 17s are available. Seems like they can't even give them away. Try Owen's in Charleston IL, Thompsons Motosports in Terre Haute In.world of Power Sports in Decatur.