CEV - Headlight, Horn, Kill Switch Installation

Looking for some direction on how to wire in the KTM EUROimageproxy.jpg.2be9af32a5bbb0a13ef2ae7f81d071e9.jpg CEV switch into a 2004 450 EXC Racing (USA) wiring harness. It wont plug and play into the harness because it is not an EURO harness, Trying to do the less is more principal and get rid of some stuff on my handlebars and a wiring diagram of the CEV switch of what color wire does what sure would be nice. I am already scratching my head when I saw the one wire for the kill switch on the CEV switch when on the USA stand alone kill switch it has two wires on it.

My first suggestion would be getting the wiring diagram for the bikes euro and us versions and compare the wiring differences in relation to the switch.

Tried that and even went to the KTM dealership and we put our heads together and looked at both wiring diagrams and the first thing was why four wires for the EURO headlight and tail light and two for the USA. Then a phone call to KTM headquarters in Ohio and they could not give me any help. So trying to find someone that has done the install already on a USA bike. Thanks for the answer though.

This should simplify what each wire does on the h/light switch:

Yellow - AC voltage input (this could come from your existing h/light switch, or anywhere that has a yellow (AC) wire

Brown - Earth input (connect to a frame ground (brown wire)

Red - Horn (Earth output when Horn button is pressed) 

Yellow/Black - Killswitch (Earth output when kill button is pressed) (can be connected to the Yellow/Black wire that goes to the CDI)

White - Park light (AC voltage output when in High or Low position)

Green - Low beam (AC voltage output when in the Low position)

Blue - High beam (AC voltage output when in the High position)  

Any other questions just  ask

Edited by TwoHundred

Just wanted to say thanks again, a really nice clean installation. I went to Radio Shack and picked up the Molex connectors and pins. Put in a new wiring harness and it went fine.

IMAG3569.jpg

• Like 1