powervalve help!!! 1999 cr250

hey guys I have a 1999 cr250 and the powervalve opens but does not return closed without me actually turning it back. help please I took this dam thing apart so many times and I'm out of ideas on what it could be.

Have you had the cylinder off recently?  If you have you may have bent the lower Power Valve actuator, if not, it may be just worn or gummed up.  I bent the link on my 01 when I was putting it together.  It started and idled fine, when I revved it up it sounded good on the way up but at idle it got the ol' 80's ping...the Power valve never returned to shut.  A little file work and precision bending got everything working good again.

Have you had the cylinder off recently?  If you have you may have bent the lower Power Valve actuator, if not, it may be just worn or gummed up.  I bent the link on my 01 when I was putting it together.  It started and idled fine, when I revved it up it sounded good on the way up but at idle it got the ol' 80's ping...the Power valve never returned to shut.  A little file work and precision bending got everything working good again.

bro that's exactly how mine sounds! the ol 80's ping . And yeah I have removed the cylinder, multiple times but I don't think I bent anything. I'm about to pull it apart and see. thank you.

I had a little dimple in the fork that the Power valve link sits in.  It didn't look like much but it was enough to cause it to bind in the open position.  I could close it by hand pretty easy...felt like nothing was wrong.  After close inspection I dinged the lower actuator fork enough to cause a bind.....Good luck!

• Like 1

I had a little dimple in the fork that the Power valve link sits in.  It didn't look like much but it was enough to cause it to bind in the open position.  I could close it by hand pretty easy...felt like nothing was wrong.  After close inspection I dinged the lower actuator fork enough to cause a bind.....Good luck!

hopefully I'm In the same boat. sounds exactly like my problem. thank you!

1492146139973.jpeg
1492146188843.jpeg
1492146293293.jpeg
nothing looks bent?