How to get carb back in 2017 ktm 250 sx

Just installed my mototassinar v force 4r reed cage and want to know how to get carb back in. I can't get the &%$#@!ing thing back in btwn the boots. Do I have to remove whole airbox. Need help asap

• Like 1

Never mind I figured it out.  Had to take air box boot off and put it on carb then finagle it back on airbox.

just for future reference push it into the air boot first and thenpush the carb backwards to create some extra spare, then into the the reed valve.

if your really struggling take the 2 bottom bolts out the subframe to pull it back for a extra inch of space

Had the same problem on my xcw installing new reeds also. Air box boot doesn't flex at all on new ktms. Next time I'm gonna remove subframe bolts 

• Like 1

Or just undo a few subframe bolts and do it real quick. 

2 hours ago, Ironpony said:

How did the v force 4 perform compared to stock Reed cage ?

I went from the stock 13 reeds on my 13 250sx and went to the V force 4 reed cage, the bike idles and runs a lot better, i find it's got more low end power and really romps when you get on it, The biggest thing i noticed is i don't need to turn the throttle as much as i use to with the old reeds. 

cheers

On both of my KTMs, I have to remove the muffler, remove the seat, remove the lower two subframe bolts, loosen the top two subframe bolts and lift the subframe to get the carb in or out. Its a lot faster to do the removal than to try to fit it in. Takes only a couple of minutes.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:50 PM, crf250dirtscooter said:

Never mind I figured it out.  Had to take air box boot off and put it on carb then finagle it back on airbox.

Also, put the thinnest film of grease on the rubber holes the carb must fit into - the reed cage AND the airbox.  The metal carb doesn't like to slip into the rubber without a little help.  Putting the thinnest film on the carb is also a good idea.  Just make sure the grease layer is THIN.