Rm 125 top end? rings ? Piston?

Hey tt so I need your opinion on something. So I got the 95 rm 125 pictures below. Pretty cool right? Considering I got it for 450. So I'm 14 I pay for all my bikes now the question I've got Is putting aside the other small things needed. Radiators" I got a bet up pair for 30 bucks" throttle. All of these I wasn't told about by the seller till i got it. Anyway so I got it and apparently it won't run because he blew it up. But he claims to have put a new piston on thy day and didn't break it in properly and the ring came off? There are so many questions I have as motorcycle/dirtbike mechanics is the line of work I see my self getting into. So I don't understand does this mean the ring has fallen into the cylinder and then down Into the bottom end. Or do you think the edges were burnt off causing the possible loss in compression. I think there is low compression I'm away from home till Saturday but by memory I remember there being poor compression I can test it with my finger when I get back. So when I get back home someone please tell me what I need to look for when I take the jug off and get full look at the piston my hopes are it just needs rings... is that a fools dream?IMG_3175.JPGi

Ps I love all the metal militia stuff on it brings back to the roots of everything

Image1492315324.399958.jpgImage1492315351.853608.jpgImage1492315401.404630.jpg

Ok so just took the cylinder cover off so just need an opinion it's obvious this needs a new piston right?! Metal every where Cylinder looks ok I'll take a Better look tomorrow. But yes the piston has no use marks or carbon build up but it's ripped up so it must have blown up am I right?

Also is that cylinder cover o ring supposed to be that messed up?