500 RR-S Rear Rack Options

Thanks Dan,

I can let you know my thoughts as soon as the get the Reckless 40L.  Seems to be the perfect one for me.  Thanks for sending he pics...Looks like this one will get the job done.  I was hoping for one that had more surface and not just bars as the base.  I'm sure in time someone will come out with one.  Cheers, RJ

RJ that Reckless is a huge setup. Please let us know how it works out with pics. When I first saw this Nomadic rack on my own Beta I was thinking it wouldn't last. Boy was I wrong! 6 years of tumbles, loading it down with insane weight, pulling/dragging my bike with it out of the rocks and off the side of hills, etc. It's still as solid as the day I purchased my Beta in 2012! What's really surprising is how strong the composite subframe is compared to a aluminum ones. 

(null).jpg.4c7caafb8ae17d30de7b4f358d2e24de.jpgP2230097.JPG.1f72abe20d627454231967c3989a79ce.JPG

• Like 1

RJ that Reckless is a huge setup. Please let us know how it works out with pics. When I first saw this Nomadic rack on my own Beta I was thinking it wouldn't last. Boy was I wrong! 6 years of tumbles, loading it down with insane weight, pulling/dragging my bike with it out of the rocks and off the side of hills, etc. It's still as solid as the day I purchased my Beta in 2012! What's really surprising is how strong the composite subframe is compared to a aluminum ones. 
(null).jpg.4c7caafb8ae17d30de7b4f358d2e24de.jpgP2230097.JPG.1f72abe20d627454231967c3989a79ce.JPG

Well it sure looks like you're making the most out of the rack and your bike kudos to you. I will for sure send pics as soon as I get it rigged. Thank you very much for sending the pics.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I can't afford one of those fancy big adventure bikes. I'm making due with this one. I timed myself converting from moto to adventure trim. From putting it on the lift, changing to big tank, bags, oil change/air filter service , including getting coffee, it takes a little over 2 hours to go from moto to ADV bike. It weighs in at 360lbs as you see it here at the gas station. 4 gallon tank and 1 gal fuel sag in bags. Good for well over 200 miles.

WOW RJ! I envisioned something else when you mentioned those bags. I just went on the Mosco website. That system looks even more durable than the Giant Loop Coyote of Great Basin. I'm really excited for you to give us a review of them. I'm using the Giant Loop Mojavi bags on mine with Kriega 20/10 liter roll tops. I really like the separate rear bags for storing extra fuel and tools!

Edited by ballisticexchris

WOW RJ! I envisioned something else when you mentioned those bags. I just went on the Mosco website. That system looks even more durable than the Giant Loop Coyote of Great Basin. I'm really excited for you to give us a review of them. I'm using the Giant Loop Mojavi bags on mine with Kriega 20/10 liter roll tops. I really like the separate rear bags for storing extra fuel and tools!

I pretty pumped to try the bag out. Giant Loop seems great too. I have a 250L and a DRZ400 for the boys. Wolfman on the Honda. Maybe I put a GL on the DRZ. We are doing the COBDR this summer so outfitting bikes with a variety of rigs will give us a nice chance to review and compare.
  • Like 2