2002 ttr225 Not getting fuel?

I had purchased a ttr 225 last fall  I knew as soon as I bought the bike there were carb issues. But it had ran like a champ with a cough here and there i knew it needed yo be cleaned. so I took it all apart cleaned everything, cleaned all the jets, etc. As soon as I put it back together It ran great for about 5 min when it started to warm up and then it just dies. If I let it sit for 5-10 minutes it starts right back up first pill.  There still is spark, still getting fuel to the carb but it seems  like it just runs the fuel in the bowl and just dies. I had put my hand over the intake of the carb like it was getting full choke and it starts up as soon as I took my hand away it died. I did try cleaning the air filter to see if that has any effect noyhi n of course.  Also the intake boot is pretty Sun faded from the previous owner who left the bike outside. But I don't think that should do much. Also I was shocked to find that there was only one vacuum like and like 3 breathers  connected to the carb. If anyone could resolve my issue it would be greatly appreciated?

Buy a NEW pilot jet

Open the drain screw on the bottom of the carb, open the petcock, drain into a jar, ensure you get a steady flow for a few minutes. If not, either the tank vent is clogged or the petcock is.

• Like 1