costa bravo

Anyone been around Costa Bravo in last few weeks.Going South dirt road to east Around Costa Bravo Fence down or up to get to beach. Thanks Guys.

Ok Ed it is South of Camilu Fancy homes up on hill.They wont let bikes atvs past homes. Was a fence across dirt road blocking to get to beach.When we went South fence no longer there,but hi tide. So went all the way around to High way then back to beach.Next day on return run we rode the rocks.To get to road around Costa Bravo. Alma smoked past two of us over rocks. Great trip

• Like 1

I would almost take the pavement before riding those rocks. They are brutal.

• Like 2

I will be stopping by may 12th or 13th if you are around. My wife's first baja trip. We will be in the jeep. She wants to meet the guy I say I am going to mexico  to ride with. Lol

• Like 3

You are always welcome to tag along. Not really a wheeling trip. Mostly sightseeing. Coyote cals fri, melling sat. San felipe sunday. 

On 4/18/2017 at 5:59 PM, bajatrailrider said:

Ok Ed it is South of Camilu Fancy homes up on hill.They wont let bikes atvs past homes. Was a fence across dirt road blocking to get to beach.When we went South fence no longer there,but hi tide. So went all the way around to High way then back to beach.Next day on return run we rode the rocks.To get to road around Costa Bravo. Alma smoked past two of us over rocks. Great trip

Damn those rich norte americano bastards!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, bajatrailrider said:

So frustrating. As no one owns the beach. I do my part and ride slower and quiet as I pass beach homes. More and more fences and signs.

Most of all this closing of routes are from large groups passing. With know one controlling the disrespecting idiots.

• Like 4

There are so many large tour groups now. Not just bikes, it's utv and trucks running around like crazy now. It's just going to keep getting worse. Unless something happens to scare people away. 

Maybe we should start reporting fake news. Shootings , theft, etc.   ?

• Like 3

100% @Jbstevens44, it's pretty crazy really how many big groups there are these days.

I know I'm guilty of some big moto groups, but that was years ago, and I'm pretty versed on how to lead.

But, last week we did a UTV thing just Ensenada to Felipe and back, this weekend will be similar, only 7 total cars on either trip, nice and manageable, me leading.

Last weekend we ran into a group of mostly Raptors, there was at least 25 of them!  And listening to one of the guys talk they'd gone to San Felipe, Mikes or Melings, and San Quintin and it sounded like it was full-race the whole time (especially judging by the carnage).

And I'm seeing on FBook a group of 14 UTVs just did a Ensenada, S.Quintin, Ensenada trip last week.

And recently we saw another group of mostly Raptors, again a huge 15+ group (neither was the same group as was talked about on here last year about a gate).

I sure hope all these big groups (and little groups) mind their manners and show respect to the locals and respect the trails because it's a real bummer when more and more gets shut down to us.

Edited by BajaBoundMoto
  • Like 2

I'm thinking we will end up getting pushed further south. Catavina to la Paz may end up being the only area that will be safe to ride. 

The economy is getting to good and the make of the utv is hurting the discreet or secret trail stuff. Any tom dick or harry can get a loan on a rzr and go tear up trails , leave gates open and dust out ranch owners.  

Who knows our grandparents probably said the same thing. 

It would also help a lot if the routes/destinations use by these groups (commercial or not) were a little more imaginative and diverse. Most everyone hammering the same areas and destinations concentrates use leading to increased problems.

Sure Mike's is an interesting place but there are many others and far better.

Bruce

• Like 1

I cant agree with that is when they find a new route then they get that closed too. Better if they just stay on main routes that are open.

• Like 2

I can dig what @BDM is saying... it's like up here in the States, we get riding areas taken away so it concentrates the chaos and terrain damage into smaller areas.  All around a bad deal.

But yes, the masses sticking to the main routes is good, and the stealthy routes kept on the down low.

We get inquiries all the time saying, "we want to ride on the Baja 1000 course".  My reply is like, "race course stuff sucks, there's more fun riding out there, so if you want to ride 1000 course call _ _ _ _ _ , I'm not interested".

• Like 1