Used low hour 06 450R, what to watch for?

I read a lot about the 07/08 CRF's being considered one of the best ever made. I found a greatdeal on an all original 06 with maybe 20 hours on it, cherry condition, and the price seems right to me ($2500 usd)

from what I've read there is not much difference between the 06 and 07. Anything important that I'm missing or any good reason to look for an 07/08 instead? Any problem areas with the 06 that I should be aware of before I buy?

IMG_3247.PNG

IMG_3248.PNG

IMG_3249.PNG

IMG_3250.PNG

IMG_3251.PNG

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Camstyn said:

I read a lot about the 07/08 CRF's being considered one of the best ever made. I found a greatdeal on an all original 06 with maybe 20 hours on it, cherry condition, and the price seems right to me ($2500 usd)

from what I've read there is not much difference between the 06 and 07. Anything important that I'm missing or any good reason to look for an 07/08 instead? Any problem areas with the 06 that I should be aware of before I buy?

IMG_3248.PNG

When you get it remove those bar risers. They're not installed properly and they're acting like spacers for the bolts. Odd. If you want taller bars then just flip them around. 

• Like 1

I noticed that too, not sure why they'd still be left on over top of the bars like that. If they used longer bolts I'll just shorten them or replace with OEM.

• Like 1

yes buy yourself some stock bar mounts, i had a 02,03,04,06,08 still have the 08, my 06 was petty near as good

i do strickly mx i had Fc do the suspension on all my bikes , that and look on here for a AP mod thread thats it 87 swill pump gas with a little k100 and you will love it

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Camstyn said:

I noticed that too, not sure why they'd still be left on over top of the bars like that. If they used longer bolts I'll just shorten them or replace with OEM.

I have a new take off OEM (w/bolts) set If you want them, just pay shipping ($7.15).

Edited by HRC27