Crf250l forks on an xr400, possible?

Does anyone know if crf250l forks and yolks can fit or be made to fit a 98xr400? Would it affect much else on the bike?

They aren't very good on the CRF-L, they will be worse on the XR4. CR-CRF forks will be a much better choice if you really want to go upside down.

Edited by YHGEORGE

You can make any front end fit on any bike if its geometry makes sense. Easy. Take for example; your crf lower triple/stem and your xr lower triple and stem. Take them to a machinist with a lathe. Either you go buy it or hell charge you more but go buy a foot or two of some metal stock. Have the machinist cut the very bottom similar to the crf base where it presses into the lower triple, then lathe the lower and lower bearing areas the xr stems diameter and the same distance apart. The threads at the top. Your choice which to make em but since its an xr, copy the xr stem threadings and use the xr stem hardware. So now you have a crf front end that bolts onto the xr like it was made for it. Thats cause it was made for it. You made it.
IMG_1517.JPG

I use CRF 250L triple clamps and XR400 USD Fork for my 83 XL600R all fit witout mod.

so CRF250L USD Fork fit also in the XR Triple clamps .

But stock the CRF Fork tubes are to soft for the XR

Where did you find an XR4 with upside down forks?

Thank you
Mod written all over it. Theres no way any xr clamps would fit any crf forks...ANY.
Theres no way any crf clamps would fit any xr forks.
Sorry bud but you got hooked up with a bike that someone did exactly what this guy was doing.
If you do it yourself (and most definitely for the first time) its alot of work. But this is just whittling to a pro with a 25000 dollar lathe. You go buy a foot of some stock for less than $10/ft youll be in biz. And itll BOLT ON. Like thats how it was made. Thats cause its how it was made.
You either need to make custom bearings or make a custom stem.
What do you thinks easier?IMG_1518.JPG
This is the stem from the first pic. A vfr800 with an R1 front end. Better front end, same wheel, heres how you fit it. Vfr bearings. Bolt on

6 hours ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

Thank you
Mod written all over it. Theres no way any xr clamps would fit any crf forks...ANY.
Theres no way any crf clamps would fit any xr forks.

XR USD Fork from Honda XR400 ND08 05-08

http://world.honda.com/news/2005/2050316-xr400-motard-eng.html

better Pic

20150519_143559_zpskbzeoacz.jpg

XR400 ND08 Fork tubes in XR250 Clamps and XL 600 clamps in front

R0018358.jpg

XR250 fork tubes in CRF 250 L Clamps

R0018415.jpg

R0018414.jpg

Crf250l Clamps , XR400 ND08 Forks in 83 XL600R

IMG_0717_zpsujexb9kj.jpg

IMG_0449_zps30724025.jpg

XR250 XR400 and CRF250L Forks have all identical outside dimensions and use all 17 mm Axle.

But internal they are all different even both XR Forks have ajustable rebound damping .

XR400

XR400%20USD_zpszuk9owdc.jpg

Only way to identify it from Pics is the color

XR250 paleness gold

XR400 Aluminium

CRF250L gold

@E-R-I-C

do you believe it now ?

Edited by Schrauberklaus
  • Like 1

Actually the e-start XR4 in motard clothing is very real.  But perhaps it was never sold in USA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

Sorry papasito,
There was never a Honda xr400 made after 04.
Someone "made up" this 05-08 xr400
It doesnt exist
There was never and will never be an OEM USD XR

So you still think the Honda Press release from 2005 is fake . http://world.honda.com/news/2005/2050316-xr400-motard-eng.html

The Pics from my Bikes are also fake

And the copy of the Honda Parts book are Fake too .

:ride: Sorry but i can not help you any further .

Best you copy this " ホンダXR400モタード " means Honda XR400 Motard in to Google and do your own research in the 218000 hits .

Actually the e-start XR4 in motard clothing is very real.  But perhaps it was never sold in USA.

Thank you. Jap ish only. Try and find any of those parts in USA. Maybe youre already across the pond.
While you piece together a bike that only 1000 were made, then Ill be riding my xr with its crf front end that all I did was whittle a bit and it bolted on with stock bearings.
Doin a WHOLE lot of walking to get to the same place Ive been for twenty years.
  • Like 1