Rounded out torx screws...How do you get them out?

Well I finally got all my parts in to finish my yz450f and I went to put my new bearings in and they were torx and I one come out for the trans but the crank bearing holders aren't going anywhere. One is really rounded and another one or two are bad but not 100% rounded. How do I get them out. I don't wanna drill or cut because it is in the case and I'll get more crap in there. I would use vise grips but they are counter sunk. Welding a rod to it doesn't seem very good for case either. So any ideas are helpful. Thanks

Cut a slot with a cut off wheel and use a flat head to get it out, you can grind two flat spots, one on top, one on bottom and use a wrench, jb weld and stick a sacrifial bit in there to harden and then back it out, back it out with a chisel, tack weld a bit in there and back it out, or carefully grind the head off the bolt and slot the stem of the bolt so a screwdriver to extract. Try Any one or combo of those. Then for the new bolt use antiseize or take it easy on the torque. I am the master of ruining fasteners so know the struggle. Lol

• Like 3

Probably could pack the hole with JB weld and prior to it hardening take your torx bit and stick in to form new teeth then pull out and let it dry for a day then try again

Pack the hole with valve grinding compound, then push in the bit.  The compound fills all the gaps between the tool and the bolt, and doesn't compress.  Works great on Allen bolts.  Also works well on a rounded out Phillips screw.

What about just taking an old Allen key a little smaller then the torx bite and pull jb well in the and leave the hex key in the until it dries? Think it would work?

Use a center punch and drive it into the outer part of the screw. Once you have a dimple, angle the punch to loosen the screw. Also heat the case and immediately before attempting removal stick a cube of ice directly on screw to cool just the screw. Sounds a little crazy, but that's how I got one out on a Honda before.