2 stroke radiator fan tip.

OK, I know of four that broke. I did this on two bikes, one with almost 300 hours, and the tabs haven't broken off. It puts a slight bind on the fan so it doesn't vibrate as badly.

20170414_132608.jpg

33 minutes ago, Trials Rider NZ said:

Was the tube pressing against the radiator core? if so was there any chaffing etc

How soft is the tube you put on

Cheers

Paul 

It's the same tubing used for the carb overflows so it's rather soft. It doesn't seem too worn on my bike but it doesn't have that many hours.

Beta has a repair kit that's worthless for radiators that have broken. This works much better. As you can see there's closed cell foam pads that space the fan off the radiator while the ties go through the radiator to the locks on the opposite side. That's been used for years.

der-13001_w_ml.jpg

I just use zip ties. Been holding my fan on my tweaked radiator for a few seasons. Works perfect. I do like the tubing idea though. Thank you for the tip.

Any 120mm case fan with ip55 waterproofing will fit to the beta radiator like a glove, been running one on my 17" 300rr for months now on a basic switch. Total cost $40