Can't stop an oil leak

I replaced the banjo bolt on the oil pass pipe using the Trail Tech oil temp wire's copper crush washer. I tightened the banjo bolt down and the oil is flowing like crazy where the oil pass pipe ties into the engine. I don't want to tighten too much as I snapped the original banjo bolt. Any ideas what the hell im doing wrong?

thanks in advance. 

Crap! Wrong assumption.  I need a crush washer between the pipe and the engine.  Thank you. I'll try this out in a couple minutes and follow up. 

Hmm-i don't know what the torque spec is but it shouldn't need that much to get it to seal. Avoid over tightening. In a perfect world you would use new crush washers but I have re-used them numerous times with no issue. Crush washers like these are common on brake hoses running much more pressure. If it were me I would take it all apart to inspect and make sure the pipe lines up OK and there aren't any dings or imperfections on either washers or sealing surfaces. No other reason why it would leak if its all sandwiching OK. Is the Trail Tech lead causing some interference? 

The hole in the temp sensor is bigger than the bolt and the holes in the crush washers. You have to make sure the sensors bigger hole is centered around the bolt. You may need to get the part of the sensor with the wire in a different orientation to allow this.

• Like 1

I did away with the sensor and used two regular crush washers. Leak has stopped. It was the Trail Tech lead sensor causing the issue. 

It's what Joe said above, if the temp sensor isn't centered around the bolt it has enough slop to leak. You just have to hold the sensor centered with the crush washer as you tighten.
  • Like 1

So two crush washers and the sensor. Should the sensor be near the engine or the bolt head?