I split my cases to do a full rebuild and while inspecting my transmission all my gear dogs seem fine exsept for three the first picture below I'm definitely replacing but what about the second and third picture...do you think it has to much wear or do you think it's in good shape?

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

I split my cases to do a full rebuild and while inspecting my transmission all my gear dogs seem fine exsept for three the first picture below I'm definitely replacing but what about the second and third picture...do you think it has to much wear or do you think it's in good shape?

IMG_0423.thumb.JPG.88f6a8b08c649b7f8a090d6b7c2a0e12.JPG

IMG_0424.thumb.JPG.d5d57469be8d9104d02f24fd73f2835a.JPG

IMG_0426.thumb.JPG.529c1ff7b1d4f2671b1a48e31b75bf14.JPG

Looks like a little grinding. I honestly think it depends on the brand (or how it's ridden) (have had Yamaha's grind gears, but my Honda never has). When changing gears without letting off the gas (or grabbing clutch) those gears will get pushed into each other until they fall into the groove. (I think that's what happened in your case)

I have redone a couple of cranks, but I am no transmission expert. Someone here probably has a better explanation of what could have happened.
  • Like 1

It's fine. Put it back together.

Well the first picture that gear has quite a noticible roll over...I have noticed my bike miss shifting couldn't the worn edge be the cause of that? Also my bike is a 2006 cr125 I do race and ride it very hard

Replace the bad gear and the one that meshes with it. And look for wear marks on shift forks . Or will end up worse.  Pic is some of the gears I've been threw

20170410_112601.jpg

Replace the bad gear and the one that meshes with it. And look for wear marks on shift forks . Or will end up worse.  Pic is some of the gears I've been threw
20170410_112601.thumb.jpg.9dfb65575578122b406ae7a1843a0337.jpg

Thanks for the reply! So you think I should only replace the gear that's in the first picture and the one it meshes with? Also here's a pic of the shifting forks has a tiny bit of wear but I don't think it's to bad what do you think? Image1492223763.961132.jpg

Forgot to note that the shift forks that lifts the gear to mesh with the bad gear has zero wear in it.. I'm guessing the bad gear is 2nd or 3rd gear cause that's what gets slammed into the most when I'm racing

• Like 1

Id replace everything that shows any sign of wear or you may be doing it all over again soon. Honda's usually are a strong tranny  I don't see that often with them

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply! So you think I should only replace the gear that's in the first picture and the one it meshes with? Also here's a pic of the shifting forks has a tiny bit of wear but I don't think it's to bad what do you think? Image1492223763.961132.thumb.jpg.0f8064178629a788509594b9fe088201.jpg

There is a little wear. I would just replace those as well though just to play it safe. I don't know about you, but I think most of us like to split a case only once lol.
  • Like 1