Hey guys I plan to buy a new bike next month and need your help deciding. I'm stuck between an fz07 and a Drz400sm. I love both of the bikes and will be using the bike I end up buying for a little bit of everything (commuting,wheelies,twisties,etc.). I would greatly appreciate any advice or input anyone has. I know they are both fun bikes, but is one more fun than the other? Would the drz be able to handle an hour or two trip on the highway from time to time? Will I get bored with one quicker than the other? What is it that you guys love about your fz07 or Drz400sm? Please just give me some opinions.

I can't tell you about the fz but I've put over 40,000 miles on a street only sm and it sees at least an hour of interstate highway every work day in the summer months.Your ass will wear out long before the bike does.It won't be as fast as the fz,you probably already know that but it will make up for it in how well it handles.

• Like 2

I think if you have to ask then the answer is simple, FZ-07. Less money, twice the hp stock.

The DR-Z is great holigan bike if you're​ a dirt bike rider and like tinkering with things. Average motorcycle riders would probably enjoy a naked bike more.

• Like 3

theyre totally different bikes .. i dont like the riding position of most 'sport' type street bikes at all .. im not young and dont get off by showing out on a bike, going fast, racing on the street ect i just like to ride out and the bike speaks for itself, i keep them real nice .. i pretty much ride all 4 of my bikes the same way though, the ninja1000 will blow the drz away in first gear, but for daily commuting i enjoy riding the drz alot more ... it will get you anywhere, its not real at home on the highway, but if your not in a hurry and traffic isnt ever crazy, i'd rather ride the drz almost always.. its fun feels real light ect ... if you 'need' to go fast to keep up with heavy traffic i'd get a bigger bike for sure - even bigger than the fazer .... but you cant compare them .. i know its hard to choose a bike .. for me though i wouldnt trade a new dizzer sm for a fz07, its a chump bike lol .. my opinion ..

• Like 4

After riding today and having an old man in a truck pull out right in front of me, I would like to amend my recommendation to the DR-Z. Any other bike and we would have tried to occupy the same space. With my stock brakes(plus SS lines) I was able to stop in time and think of a smart assed comment to tell the driver before wheeling away.

• Like 3

i have riden both and hands down the DRZ is the bike to beat. yes they are both nimble and fun. the the FZ isn't a hooligan bike that will do it all like the DRZ. the FZ was fun and for the most part comfy but not worth the coin. if i was going to get an FZ it would most defiantly be the FZ-09. i feel most will look for more power after a few months on the 07. too bad insurance on the 09 is 3x that of the 07.

my old SV650 was more comfortable, better looking and easier and cheaper to work on wit boat load more parts available. the new ones look to be a better deal the the FZ

id take a v-twin over a parallel twin

Edited by 707drz
  • Like 3