01 YZ 125 water pump

I have a 01 YZ 125 that I recently bought for dirt cheap. It has a brand new top end that has not been run yet. The reason is that during the rebuild the wiring harness got ripped apart and thrown out. Since I have bought it I have put a new wiring harness in it and I plan to change the clutch basket. But when I went to fill the radiators up with antifreeze coolant, the coolant began to spill out of the bottem. I didn't know it yet but they had put a brand new boyesen water pump in it but failed to put the drain plug in it. I need to know if you can purchase a drain plug for that by it self. If you have any information that can help me out that would be great.

YZ 125.jpg

No like the previous owner didn't put the plug back in the pump when he put it on. See how its missing the plug

58f1ac489b007_boyesendrainplug.thumb.jpg.cf5eca0ac2674804ffe8a96283d8592a.jpg

Oh yeah just get a bolt that fit and you're all set lol I beloved it's a M6 1.0 metic thread and should be about 10mm long or 20 not sure about boysen contact them or just take the cover off and take it to home depot

Ok thanks. The previous owner is one of my friends and he is one of those youtube certified mechanics as they say so he thinks he know everything and then he goes and does some dumb stuff like this. I don't know how you can loose one of these plugs. You pull it drain your coolant then you put it back in. Any way thanks and I live in the middle of nowhere so I hope our hardware store has it or I have a half hour drive.

Ok thanks. The previous owner is one of my friends and he is one of those youtube certified mechanics as they say so he thinks he know everything and then he goes and does some dumb stuff like this. I don't know how you can loose one of these plugs. You pull it drain your coolant then you put it back in. Any way thanks and I live in the middle of nowhere so I hope our hardware store has it or I have a half hour drive.

30 min or don't ride the sexy 125 but you should find it with no problem or Lowe's. Maybe AutoZone

30 min or don't ride the sexy 125 but you should find it with no problem or Lowe's. Maybe AutoZone

Lol closest Lowes is 2 hours and closest Home Depot is 3 hours but idk if you have herd of Runnings or Menards but we got some of them close so I better pray.

Yeah heard of Menards , what ya buddy YouTube

You check the piston the exhaust ? Hope he wasn't running it without coolant

No he ripped the wiring harness out so he never got it running so it is fine but it is making a lot of noise when you kick it over but I hope that is just cause the cylinder hasn't been lubed yet

Rip it out for what ? & I'll check it out before starting it take the head off

Like there were some loose wires so he took it off to fix them and then he messed it up really bad and ended up just throwing it away so I bought a used one on ebay and put it on tonight but when I went to put coolant in it, it started splattering all over the floor and I noticed my plug was gone so yes I will take your advice and check the cylinder. I'm curious though what could someone inexperienced possibly do to a piston that could mess it up.