Honda XR600R oversize jetting

Hi all.

I have a 1991 XR600R that's running a bit rich. It's bored +1.00 mm oversize, with a 165 main and a 62 slow. I'm at about sea level, with stock filter and a staintune exhaust. Anyone running this set up with different jets?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Edited by LukeCB

5 minutes ago, LukeCB said:

Float height is 14.5 mm as per manual.

I always recommend float level be checked externally as well.  For Keihin PD carbs the fuel level is typically just slightly below the bowl gasket.  I have seen carbs where the float level was dead-nuts on but an external check showed a high level due to bad float(s).

2008-09-25_212238_Float_level_adjustment.jpg

Edited by VortecCPI
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

I always recommend float level be checked externally as well.  For Keihin PD carbs the fuel level is typically just slightly below the bowl gasket.  I have seen carbs where the float level was dead-nuts on but an external check showed a high level due to bad float(s).

2008-09-25_212238_Float_level_adjustment.jpg

When doing this, is best to level carb, by putting rear tire up on shims? Or average the the site tube in the middlle of carb?

I have a 95 xr600. It is .5mm overbored and has full xr's only exhaust, snorkel removed, uni air filter system. I run a 68 pilot, but can't remember what the main is, but I think it's a 165. I had to go up to the 68 pilot when I put the new exhaust on. I live in the Charlotte area, so pretty much sea level I guess. Runs great.

The needle clip position is also a big factor.

Remember that these are hot running air cooled and carburetted engines, so richer is safer.