Air stricker on its way..so

Need some advice pls guys.

its advertised for cr250, mines 125 2007. It comes with main170 pilot55 needle 48-ddj and slider#7

so would this set up be in the ballpark for a 125, I have done a it of research and what little I could find ,most are saying they use #5.5 or #6,

could I keep the the #7 and work around that

Don't be too concerned about the size #7 slide.

Get the carb jetted via your pilot, needle and main first. That will cover 95% of all your intake demands.

Changing the slide to a different size is a fine-tuning procedure, best left for someone who's extremely knowledgeable with jetting.

Edited by minibikedad
  • Like 1

Just so you are aware...even though all different based on location, weight, riding style etc....I have an 2002 CR125 with with the AS from CarbPartsWarehouse....

I am in MI ride from about 600 - 1100 feet elevation, the only time I NEEDED adjustment was this winter when it was 30 degrees out. 

Mine came with the following settings:

38mm carb

MJ:  180

PJ:  48

Needle:  a715,,289,a327,a487

NP:  #3

Slide: 7 w/cutout

I have bought a few KTM ans Suzuki needles to play with soon, but currently its at my buddy's machine shop he is doing some machining so the in/out mating part of the carb is being machined closed to the stock Mikuni just so it fits "easier". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ss65supernova said:

Just so you are aware...even though all different based on location, weight, riding style etc....I have an 2002 CR125 with with the AS from CarbPartsWarehouse....

I am in MI ride from about 600 - 1100 feet elevation, the only time I NEEDED adjustment was this winter when it was 30 degrees out. 

Mine came with the following settings:

38mm carb

MJ:  180

PJ:  48

Needle:  a715,,289,a327,a487

NP:  #3

Slide: 7 w/cutout

I have bought a few KTM ans Suzuki needles to play with soon, but currently its at my buddy's machine shop he is doing some machining so the in/out mating part of the carb is being machined closed to the stock Mikuni just so it fits "easier". 

Cheers mate, I take it you had to mod it to fit because it's an 02, I'm hoping it will slot rite in on the 07

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, fakesy said:

Cheers mate, I take it you had to mod it to fit because it's an 02, I'm hoping it will slot rite in on the 07

Good morning,

Just curious if you would mind measuring the inner diameter of the 07 air boot for me prior to putting it back on the bike?  I struggle enough getting it on each time that I would love to buy the 07 boot for fit up if I new it was actually a larger size. 

41 minutes ago, Ss65supernova said:

Good morning,

Just curious if you would mind measuring the inner diameter of the 07 air boot for me prior to putting it back on the bike?  I struggle enough getting it on each time that I would love to buy the 07 boot for fit up if I new it was actually a larger size. 

IMG_1969.PNG

Hi mate , 

i have already fitted, so hope the above helps 

Oh gotcha, yea I know the carb size just wasn't sure the hole size for the air boot, my 02 is a struggle to get on, real knuckle buster.  Did it slide right in the 07 air boot like the Mikuni or did you have to struggle/force it at all?

Tbh, it went on easier than I exspected, but had to take the rear sub off and undo the top shock bolt so I could get my hand in there, just slotted the carb  into the reed end first , then slid the boot on, then managed to get long nose pliers to pull the boot by the boot tab onto the carb.but it's not something I want to do to often.