2017 yz250f versus 2017 yz250fx?

What are the actual differences between these two bikes? I know the FX has a 18in back tire, 6 speed transmission and electric start but is there anything else. I know the 250f is geared for MC and the 250fx is supposed to be more off-road or hare scrambles. But how would the 250fx compare with the 250f on a MC track. Anybody ride a 250fx for racing MC?

The 250FX will be slower and heavier on the MX track, but do more than enough to get 90% of us around the track with no issues... 

Edited by Monk

I took my 250fx to the track today. I rode it back to back with a stock 17 KX450F.

On the track, the FX requires a lot of shifting. The 6 speed gearbox is pretty tight in the lower gears.

The bike doesn't feel porky, but it is heavier.

The kick stand got in the way. I noticed the back of my boot would catch it when I was in the air. Especially when I was trying to throw whips. It was more of a nuisance than anything.

The valving is to soft for the big hits. The suspension felt good until the bike had to soak up a hard landing. It blew threw the stroke and felt a bit more "wallowy" than the MX valves KX.