cr250 rear wheel hub differences

What are the differences in the rear wheel hubs?  I am having a set of black rims laced up for my 2003, ordered tusk spoke kits front and rear.  They don't list a rear kit for the 03, so I bought one for an 05 thinking I would get lucky.  My guy just called and said it wont lace up right.

Anyone know what the differences are?  And where can I get black spokes for the rear on an 03?

As far as I know the 02-07 oem hubs are the same dimension with the 05-07 rear hub being lighter.  Don't know about the aftermarket Tusk spokes, but they could have made a mistake & sent you the wrong ones.  I'd rule that out first.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, H4L said:

As far as I know the 02-07 oem hubs are the same dimension with the 05-07 rear hub being lighter.  Don't know about the aftermarket Tusk spokes, but they could have made a mistake & sent you the wrong ones.  I'd rule that out first.    

Tusk doesn't offer a kit for the rear for the 03, only 2005 and up.  So I ordered one taking a chance.  The fronts are the same for both years.  And the shop I'm having do the wheels talked with RMATV and they said it wont work on an 03.

I was hoping someone would know why.

I don't know why but the '03 spokes haves different part numbers (both inside and outside) than the '05s and up. Could be slightly different sizes, or could be a different bend.

5 minutes ago, md30 said:

I don't know why but the '03 spokes haves different part numbers (both inside and outside) than the '05s and up. Could be slightly different sizes, or could be a different bend.

That's what I was guessing but I thought I might get lucky haha.  I wish Tusk had a kit for the 03's cause they went into the hubs nice, no drilling or anything like some other brands ive read about.

Tusk hubs are good and rims.  There spokes though I have found not so good. Never stop stretching. Retourque every ride until no threads left the snap