xr650l gas won't shut off after rejetting

I just got around to putting on FMF exhaust and jet kit. After putting it all back together I turned on gas and it started right up. I rode around the block and it ran good. When I got back I set it up on the kickstand and the gas wouldn't stop flowing from the overflow on the carb. Any ideas before I tear it back apart? Thanks

Well I took all apart , looked everything over. The floats and needle moved free so I put it all together. No gas coming out of the over flow hose. Go figure. I guess it just needed a little more love.  It's all good!

• Like 1

It happens buddy. Ive had the same thing with all of my carbs on the 3 different carbd bikes. Coulda had some crud in there that you didn't know you cleaned out when you took it apart. Glad it wasn't anything hard for you and even better, no money spent!

Well I took all apart , looked everything over. The floats and needle moved free so I put it all together. No gas coming out of the over flow hose. Go figure. I guess it just needed a little more love.  It's all good!

Sorry, late to the party but I thought I'd chime in anyway.

Lots of times after carb work, the float will not be sitting quite right and will be stuck open with no actual mechanical problem present. 99% of the time this can be solved with a quick wrap to the side of the float bowl with the plastic handle of a screwdriver. Most times disassembly is not necessary.

Glad you got it fixed.
  • Like 2