What is this little thing??

strange.

put a coin next to it so we can tell how big it is - also is it a flat head?

I would guess the previous owner accidentally dropped it inside. Doesn't look familiar.

Edited by mikeylikesit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brock Blubaugh said:

This little screw1492310459249.jpeg looking thing fell out of my fork when I was disassembling it

Bottom of fork? I have never seen anything like that in a fork assembly. 

But, I found a bolt swimming around in my front axle on my FZJ80 and I know it was from a crappy mechanic and/or sabotage. 

• Like 1

Got a rubber gasket washer on it . Bottom rebound adjusting screw maybe?  Hmmmm strange 

• Like 1

1492350792340.jpeg1492350974271.jpeg1492351021418.jpeg
the screw is not a flat blade or anything. The end is flat and it looks like it might be bent as well. I have looked around on the internal parts for places that it might go but I'm not seeing anything.

15 minutes ago, Brock Blubaugh said:

1492350792340.jpeg1492350974271.jpeg1492351021418.jpeg
the screw is not a flat blade or anything. The end is flat and it looks like it might be bent as well. I have looked around on the internal parts for places that it might go but I'm not seeing anything.

Ya ik just never know what someone else did before.  Goodluck:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I think you're right. At first I thought it might have come from the turboencabulator thrust controller, but those are a little bigger.

• Like 1

Looks like the ballast force control screw to me. You probably should check the iridium multiplier vent to see if there is any damage. Page 365 diagram 47B in the service manual. This could get expensive.

I have no idea what that is lol

4 hours ago, 218 said:

I think you're right. At first I thought it might have come from the turboencabulator thrust controller, but those are a little bigger.

No man they outlawed those years ago.

Check carefully for scratched metal or damaged cause by that screw in there. Maybe previous owner dropped it in accidentally.

Okay sounds good. Thanks

Are you guys just messing with me?

You poor bastard.You come on TT looking for help and these guys have you trying to figure out what a Coopknocker that's hooked up to the wingbanger is. Honestly I've never seen anything like that in any forks I've worked on.If you run out of useless help here you might try sending that picture to Race Tech and see if that helps.
  • Like 2

You poor bastard.You come on TT looking for help and these guys have you trying to figure out what a Coopknocker that's hooked up to the wingbanger is. Honestly I've never seen anything like that in any forks I've worked on.If you run out of useless help here you might try sending that picture to Race Tech and see if that helps.

I appreciate you sir.