largest tank bag for drz400

Setting up an 03 DRZ400E for the backroads.

My current tank bag is one a I custom made and it's just about 11" front to back and 8"wide at the rider end, so it's pretty big. I think it's about as big as I can go, though it could be taller.

I have an Acerbix tank btw, about 3.7 gallons I think. I ride a little rough terrain so I'm off the seat and leaned over the bars occasionally.

Anyway, what's the largest tank bag folks are using on the DRZ? Like the Wolfman Rainier?

I use a Wolfman small expedition, on the Acerbis 3.7 gallon tank, and  can feel it when standing, but is not a problem. I also had the Nelson Rigg bag like the one above.  It felt in the way when standing.  The main problem with it was UV radiation at my altitude and the desert sun cooked it in only about 3 months of daily riding.  The map pocket plastic just disintegrated. They do have a lifetime warrantee, but just I tossed it.  In contrast the Wolfman, which was about twice the price, has been on two bikes and after 5 years in the desert sun, the map pocket is starting to discolor and the fabric is fading some.   I can buy a new map pocket for about $15.    

A sign in my garage says "Buy the best and only cry once".

• Like 2

I can vouch for the small wolfman tank bag. Ithe holds quite alot of stuff for its size. Tough well thought out bag

• Like 1

I use a Wolfman small expedition, on the Acerbis 3.7 gallon tank, and  can feel it when standing, but is not a problem. I also had the Nelson Rigg bag like the one above.  It felt in the way when standing.  The main problem with it was UV radiation at my altitude and the desert sun cooked it in only about 3 months of daily riding.  The map pocket plastic just disintegrated. They do have a lifetime warrantee, but just I tossed it.  In contrast the Wolfman, which was about twice the price, has been on two bikes and after 5 years in the desert sun, the map pocket is starting to discolor and the fabric is fading some.   I can buy a new map pocket for about $15.    
A sign in my garage says "Buy the best and only cry once".

Thanks Capt. Thats good to know. Mine's held up well for 2 years of occasional use. But i live in a rain forest, i'll be sure to cover it up if we ever see the sun again.
  • Like 1