Which FMF silencer?

I'll be upgrading my exhaust to FMF Gnarly and silencer soon, and need help choosing the silencers.

FMF makes three different silencers with a spark arrestor....Q Stealth, Turbine Core II Q, and Turbine Core II. Is there a performance difference or is the difference going to be sound level? I would like it to be quiet as possible.

Thanks

TC2 has been my go to also. I just picked up the KTM powerparts version, haven't tried it yet, but as far as I can tell they are pretty much the same other than the color of the can.

TC2 will be louder than stock due to decreased volume, it adds a little top end and decrease low/mid slightly.  I ran one for a short time on my 17 because I need a sparky but it was too loud for my taste, ended up with a PC 296 which is longer - better low end and much quieter.  The FMF TC 2.1 would be about the same I would think sound wise to the PC, over 200+ for just a silencer is steep though IMO.

I've tried them all and other than the Q and the Q stealth being much larger and heavier (which makes them easier to get damaged) I don't notice much difference at all in sound volume. The good news with the TCII is that it's the lenght of a regular roll of packing. The others are longer than a regular roll so you end up cutting and taping an additional section on.

I say get the TCII and since it's easier to repack repack it a bit more often and you'll have the best of all worlds, lightweight, quiet, and wont damage easily.  

A TCII will be much quieter than your 4 stroke buddies unless they have really really quiet exhausts. 

I switch back and forth between stock and the turbine core II.  I don't really hear any difference in volume, but the character of the sound is certainly different.  The Turbine Core sounds "harsher" or something--don't really like it.

If you bike is older and you want quiet, your best bet is the famous KTM "hockey stick" that came on EXC models in the early 2000s.  I know for certain it will fit up to 09, as I have run it on my bike.  It may fit later models.  It is definitely the quietest silencer you can get, and it also is a spark arrestor.  I bought mine for $35 on KTMtalk.

Thanks for the replies.

If the TCII is the same sound output as the stock silencer I would be fine with that....I had the hockey stick silencer on a 200exc but sounds like the TCII is for me.

Gnarly pipe and TCII are what I will go with.

• Like 1

The Turbinecore is definitely louder than stock on my Husky TE125. The Q is also slightly louder than stock, but its very close. I only run an aftermarket silencer because I need the spark arrestor.