New to the forum introduction

Hello all,

I have not been on an off road bike in 30 yrs and was hoping you could offer up some suggestions on things I should check and look for on an 07 WR450f.

The bike is in decent shape from outside other than rear rotor is thin & needs to be replaced and the battery is pooched what should I be looking for?

I am familiar with the motor, I had a 2007 yfz450 bill balance edition & loved that quad. 

I was also wondering what type of tool kit is best for this bike since it did not come with one (trail use only)? 

Thanks in advance for any and all help/recommendations

Read all the pinned posts and links at the top of this forum, and then come back with questions.

Too much to go over and teach, from scratch.

Suffice to say, if the rear disc is that worn, the bike has a LOT of hours on it, so you should replace wear components like cam chain, cam tensioner, carb slide plate seal, carb needle jet, carb fuel screw and oring (R&D), adjust the valve clearences, change out the tubes (they fail over time as much as they do miles).  These are all items that we prevent you from being  stranded, and even possible prevent catistrophic engine failure.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Krannie, Only one question what tubes are you indicating should to be changed? Are you referring to fuel hoses?

14 minutes ago, Madmudder said:

Thanks for the info Krannie, Only one question what tubes are you indicating should to be changed? Are you referring to fuel hoses?

Inner tubes. The tubes wear out from sitting, and if they are still stock tubes, they are guaranteed to leave you stranded.

:thumbsup: They have heavy duty tubes in them the previous owner mentioned he has pinched a few in the past with tire swaps and recommended I use them in the future also. 

• Like 1