2014 KTM 350 EXC-F EU Muffler

Hello and sorry for the totally newb question, HAPPY EASTER to all!

I have a 2014 KTM 350 EXC-F EU version an a couple of questions. First of all, I never used an aftermarket muffler so please be patient :-)

As far as I can tell, the EU version of this bike doesn't come with ANY smog equipment from the factory. There is nothing to remove or to plug, no spigot near the throttle body, nothing.  The bike has an EU map (obviously) and all the 5  power restrictions removed: db-killer,  catalytic convert, lambda sensor, air restrictor on the air filter, air restrictor on the intake nozzle.  When I bought it used, it had an aftermarket Akrapovic muffler and ran fine, no decel pops.  With that muffler it started hard when warm and was a bit too loud and thus I decided to go back to stock.  I mounted the stock muffler (without any power restrictions) and the bike starts easy when warm but I get decel pops galore. It is really, really annoying. I put the db-killer back into the muffler and that seems to have cured the decel pops, I can still hear them now and again but they are very faint, almost negligible.  However, the bike's temper is gone, it is really tame now. In some situations that is good but still... is there a way to run it without that muffler screen and get no decel pops?  Do I need a custom map or EFI tuner unit just for a muffler (and removed restrictions)?

Thank you!

@brute448 thanks for the plug! :)   

Definitely try adjusting your TPS (www.tpstool.com).  Usually decel popping indicates being lean, so try turning the TPS up a little bit, start with 0.02v or 0.04v increase and see what that does.  Also check to make sure you have no air leaks in your header, especially where the header meets the head.  Air leaks can cause popping even if everything else is perfect. 

Edited by sirthumpalot

Thank you for the reply, TPS tool is the next thing I want to get. Is there an easy way to check for header air leaks?

I use the FMF Q4 SA slip on , it meets all enduro specs and is very quiet and weighs less than oem

Edited by Airboss/oc

Thank you for the reply! That is exactly what I was looking at because it is quieter. Did you have to adjust the TPS or mess with the EFI? Does it pop on decel?