Atc 200x 24mm carb .Are there china clones?

Looking  to set up a xr100 big bore for some backyard  flat rack  use.I have purchased  a chineese  carb for xr80 that was identical  to stock,and worked great . Most of these carbs will be advertised as fitting  a large range of bikes ,from xr 100 to 200.Details  on size are vague  

Is there  an aftermarket ,specifically  24mm atc 200x  carb available ?The prices of used carbs on ebay  is ridiculous . Early , long travel  xr200  shocks are getting  expensive  too.

Terry Miller (Teamrude on TT) has had success with one brand of Chinese carbs.   OKO (Taiwan) makes a Keihin PWK 28 clone in 24 and 26 sizes; all three sizes are popular for improving carburation on Trials bikes. Local importer sells prejeted kits for each application.

http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/Sales.html

on edit: The PWK 28 is a popular upgrade for a modded CRF230F, see the CRF150/230 Forum. I have one on my Powroll XR218 and it is much better than the PD carbs. 

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 3

the oko carbs are great be careful of the Chinese oko knock offs of the knockoffs. the Taiwanese oko carbs are the ones to get. the el cheapo Chinese  carbs work ok but very very short life expectancy 1 season at best before the ultra soft needle guide wears out and the fuel mixture goes out to lunch. if you want a durable long lasting carb the best bet is original  or the oko.

• Like 2

Even with the OKO carbs, you have to realize that the Chinese are also making cheap copies of those.  OKO makes a really good carb, but you have to be sure you get one from a reliable source. eBay isn't reliable

a genuine OKO isn't an inexpensive alternative either. A little less expensive than a new Keihin, but not a 'bargain' that a knockoff price on EBay would make you think.  If you can find a source for genuine OKO, go for it.  Terry might have them. But if you want a carb that will work and know it's genuine, get an old Keihin and rebuild it. 

This isn't to say the knockoffs on eBay won't work. I have had a couple that turned out to be good little carbs, but have also had a few that ended up being turds.

On April 16, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Chuck. said:

Terry Miller (Teamrude on TT) has had success with one brand of Chinese carbs.   OKO (Taiwan) makes a Keihin PWK 28 clone in 24 and 26 sizes; all three sizes are popular for improving carburation on Trials bikes. Local importer sells prejeted kits for each application.

http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/Sales.html

on edit: The PWK 28 is a popular upgrade for a modded CRF230F, see the CRF150/230 Forum. I have one on my Powroll XR218 and it is much better than the PD carbs. 

What size would you use on xr200, 26 mm?

A 26 because because the 200 uses a 26 that is more than adequate, and the 200 is  194cc.

I'm using a PWK 28 on my XR218, so are some of the CRF230F guys  (only a 223cc). The PWK 28 is 16% larger than the 26, just about the difference in displacement between a 200 and 218. I did find that the 230 jetting wasn't working well in my 218, I have a lean part throttle condition that makes hot restarts difficult. I'm now back to the bike so I'll start fussin w jetting; first item is try some different clip positions and possibly a richer needle. The PWK provides much smoother and better throttle response than the PD carb.

But if I found a cheap PWK 28 I'd try it on a 200.  There are some adapting issues; needle jet, slide cutaway, a different intake manifold for the carb spigot mount, an adapter for the air boot, and different jets and needle. I'm still prototyping by using an air boot adapter and manifold from a different carb project.  When I decide that I have a good setup I'll make correct adapters. 

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 2

I've run the pz30 carbs for the Chinese bikes on my xr200's. They work great, but do wear internally quicker, but you can replace them for about the cost of a keihen rebuild kit.