Roost some Dirt On Earth day 4/22 GT or EF

16 hours ago, bigbob said:

weather shows It will be sunny all week after this sun/mon rain.  Next weekend should be golden.   :ride:      all areas.  I want to ride either GT or EF.  

Could be the best conditions you'll see all year. Eldorado Forest was still a little soggy this weekend with flowing creeks where I hadn't previously seen them and trails/dirt roads that had been washed out. Someone made a cool getaround that must've taken some time. Either that or there's a band of beavers helping our cause. ?  Saw another even bigger washout near the Leoni compound. Not sure how I ended up there but started to see their little tree houses and the only way out was to slowly pass through and politely wave.

IMAG1922.jpg.2c4e1c3548b8e05da24b01af61ab4016.jpgIMAG1909.jpg.0edfa9b8f6781fc053421ca2b34a1d70.jpgIMAG1916.jpg.d8c82e942a0a7e3ed973f6377c6b445c.jpg

IMAG1916.jpg

Edited by JoePass
  • Like 2

boy this site has become pitiful.  ?   Use to be in the old days, I would get 5-6 riders every weekend from a ride post.....:ride:. especially in PRIME SPRING CONDITIONS   ?

where the furk is everybody?     Me and oldedude are riding EF on Saturday. Staging spot and time to be posted soon  

Edited by bigbob

12 hours ago, hockdog said:
Rides happen all the time, at all kinds of areas, they just are not getting posted by those of us who ride.  

Yes, I assumed that, and that's great,        but open TT post rides are my preference.    It's only rock n roll but I like it. So I will keep posting TT rides - maybe some new TT riders will show up one day.  ?      I guess I will keep trying to find TT riders......the ole fashioned way 

EqRKQ.gif

I am just not a TT PM ride or email Ride kind of guy. I don't start PM rides, but do respond to them

thanks Hockdog though for the kind reply. Have a great ride this weekend should you get out or next

Edited by bigbob

Haven't met most of you but used to be pretty active on rides in so cal many years ago. I know Jason and have met the squid out at French creek once. Starting to ride more nowadays and will check in more often. I'm riding foresthill Sat if anyone else is heading out

• Like 1

Joe has a 2-stroke too?????  Wow!!!!!

Everyone is coming over to the dark side! :goofy:

Bob, don't worry.  You're on it!  These PM riders can only wish................... ?  "If you build it, they will come."

Steven's bearing finally came in.  Give me 2 weeks!  Now if we could get the old crew back together................................... that would be FANTASTIC! ?

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

after riding Amtrak from Sacramento to SF, now sitting on a bart train in a black tunnel on a 15 min train hold....... 2 more work days to go. by Saturday I will be so ready to stand on titanium pegs, twist some power throttle and get some knobbies movin on some wet dirt!!!

it is also amazing or surprising how weak I am on the bike. My skills to ride thru shit are still pretty much as before, but hell has no place for a tired weak old guy when I fall and have to pick up my bike.

reminds me of when I moved to LA and bought a surf board to go surfing again after a 10 year layoff

holy shit forget about it, my surfing skills which were advanced for years, were all gone... like really gone. I stayed with it for 2 years but it was over for me. I retired the board

at least turning a throttle is easier but I can not ride alone. I need a buddy around should a bear chase me or something

• Like 1

Hehehehe!

Welcome to the club!

Sure getting old is a bummer.  The body no longer can do some stuff.  I can only watch & think I used to be able to do that shit too! ?  Makes me a better spectator!

I'd just hang with Smokin & feel better, but I can't handle that shit anymore.  I'll stick with beer.

Think of it this way...................................  I'm so much smarter now! ?  With age comes wisdom! :devil:  At least I keep telling myself that!

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1