Need to have suspension lowered and setup for fat guy (me)?

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a used dirt bike soon, probably a 400 EXC or maybe a WRF, but I will almost certainly need to change the suspension for my body.  I am 6'0", 275, with a 30" inseam...  So I look a little funny, but mostly walk normal. :thinking: Anyway, what all would I need to do to get the suspension lowered and setup for my weight, which seems to be about 100 lbs heavier than what most bikes are setup for from the factory.  I may just send the suspension off to a pro, but I'm curious what the process is and if it's worth taking on myself.

Thanks,

Brandon

Just bought a 2007 CRF 450R myself and had stiffer springs,new fork seals,etc. installed by a local suspension shop(I'm 6'1''/250),it was around $375 for the front and $270 for the shock.

Edited by piratediverjefff

You got it bro.Everybody said if I didn't get it set up for my wt. I'd be constantly fighting it and since I'm new to dirt figured it would be one less thing to struggle with.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm thinking along the same lines.  And there's almost no chance I'll find one setup for my weight already.  

Brandon

• Like 1